Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2010 3:48:53 PM EDT
I was trying to figure out a reliable spacer fo my .22 suppressor on my Spikes AR. As most here know, the AR threads are .630. My TAC65, and many others, are .400 depth. I didn't think much of it until I tried a crush washer and really noticed a difference in the sound. Problem is a crush washer or just about aything else you come up with might not be squared correctly resulting in baffle strikes.
Anyhow, I googled and ran across these. Perfect for what I need.
http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/c12_p1.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
John Titsworth that runs Silencer Research sells them also. I got one a while back and it works fine. Much better than the peel washers I had been using.

Here is link to the thread at Silencer Research I believe that you would have to register there to read it. Lots of good silencer info there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I like these because they are threaded.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 3:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Gemtech sells them as well. I havent purchased one yet but was told by a gemtech rep that they are available....
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was trying to figure out a reliable spacer fo my .22 suppressor on my Spikes AR. As most here know, the AR threads are .630. My TAC65, and many others, are .400 depth. I didn't think much of it until I tried a crush washer and really noticed a difference in the sound. Problem is a crush washer or just about aything else you come up with might not be squared correctly resulting in baffle strikes.
Anyhow, I googled and ran across these. Perfect for what I need.
http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/c12_p1.html

So you tried the crush washer.  Did you have a baffle strike?    I also use a crush washer.  No Baffle strikes.  I believe, if you don't tighten it with tools or anything, the can realy can't be tilted to much out of wack.   Besides, the .22 supressor is only 6" long, even if the can was on the thread barrel loose, i don't think you would get any baffle strikes.  Now, the are some variables that I don't account for, first is how true the threads on the barrel are, how under sized the threading is, how worn  out the threading on the can is.  

The thread spacer your in your post could be big problems.  It has no flats on it so if you install it on your barrel, it might not come off, with out visegrips.  Also my barrel on my Spikes Tactial 22lr is threaded but where the threads meet the barrel, they are not reliefed (channeled) cut, so my 22 lr suppressor can not screw all the way down  before it hits the last thread. The threaded spacer will have the same problem. This is why I have to use a crushwasher.  When I use the crush washer, I am not crushing it or deforming it in any way, it is just hand tight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Crush washer worked fine but is not thick enough. And a washer or spacer the correct size isn't something I can run to the hardware store and buy.
Spikes left off some threads?I'm not concerned too much with taking the spacer off as it's on a dedicated .22 and will either be shot with a can or a fake can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top