Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2012 6:37:47 AM EDT
Can one purchase a suppressor at a class 3 ffl in another state without transfering to an in state class 3 ffl or ffl?

I ask because I live close to three different state borders. I want to broaden my shopping opportunity, with out the hassle of a form 3 from Gemtech or dealer to dealer if I find what I am looking for instock at the class 3 ffl in another state.

It's not a firearm but suspect because it transfers to me on form 4 it has to be transerrred by an in state ffl. Is that correct. Educate me please.

By the way I'm looking for a Gemtech Viper 45 for my MAC 10/45.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No it has to be transferred into your state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No it has to be transferred into your state.

UNLESS the suppressor your buying is classified as a C&R AND you are a C&R license holder. Then and ONLY then can you do a form 4 over state lines without having it transferred to a dealer in your state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies and info
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Why is NFA  just as difficult as handgun purchases? I don't see why out of state has to go thru a FFL to FFL. NFA is registered to the same people aka BATFE. Handgun isn't registered so I can understand they need some type of papertrail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top