Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:11:31 AM EDT
I have been looking at FALS for a few months.  I have to admit I am somewath stumped at the many versions.  My wife wants me to go and buy some new guns, before there is a new ban.  I am set in the Ar type weapons and wanted to add something with more power.

The DSA58 seems to be the best advertised, what should I look for and better yet what shoudl I stay away from.
J

Joe
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If you stick with DSA you wont be dissapointed.  Another option is to build one of your own,  find some Fal friends in your state who can help you.  You'll be able to put together a reliable FAL to the specs that YOU want and for a lot less than a DSA.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been looking at FALS for a few months.  I have to admit I am somewath stumped at the many versions. My wife wants me to go and buy some new guns, before there is a new ban.   I am set in the Ar type weapons and wanted to add something with more power.

The DSA58 seems to be the best advertised, what should I look for and better yet what shoudl I stay away from.
J

Joe

I just have two things to say.

1)  Your wife sounds like a keeper.  

2)  Second the DSA comments.  But make sure what kind you want.  Like ARs they come in a lot of flavors.  You might try falfiles.com.  it is sort of an arfcom for Fals.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Does your wife have a sister?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does your wife have a sister?  

... or cousin, aunt, daughter (for my son he is 4!), etc?

I have an understanding wife but darned if I will ever hear those works!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]
To answer your question, DSA is a fine supplier of FAL rifles.  You may also consider smith's such as Derek at AZEX Arms or Mark at ARS.  Both fine quality custom smiths at or around DSA's prices.  I own three FALs.  My favorite is my para-style FAL.  Your opinion may differ but I think the para style FAL is the way to go for this platform.  I wish you good luck in your selection.

Regards,
Gary

Edited to add:  This is not my rifle.  This pic was taken from ARS's web site but it is identicle to the weapon I own.  There...now I feel better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Gary

Thanks, I have wanted a h&K91, but never figured I would get the chance.  So i started lookinga t FAL.  I seen one at a store and it w a Fn-FAL and the guy wanted my left arm and my first born.

I figure I will buy in the next few weeks.  I havea  budget aroudn$2500 to pick up a few items.  I did not want to spend it all on one weapon.  Are there linsk or shoudl I just search for the palces you listed

Joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
The thing about the FAL's is they just loook like the bad shit to have.  In know looks aren't what matters, but hey if it is a solid piec and it looks cool, thats a bonus.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
When is DSA gonna have flash hiders on their FALs?

BoB
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quinn,

You should give both these guys a call;

Derek at AZEX www.azexarms.com

Mark at ARS www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/home.htm

Avoid the temptation of buying a "cheap" FAL.  With this rifle, most often you get what you pay for.  You may be able to save some money aquiring parts and sending them to either of the above for completion.  Good luck and feel free to IM or email with any questions you may have.

Regards,
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top