Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 6:37:30 PM EDT
Summer heat with guns and ammo in the car.
How hot is too hot ?
I leave the gun/guns in the car during working hours.
Should I be worried about anything ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I leave me G19 in the car during the day, and it ain't blowed or nuthin', ever.
AB
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, they should last long enough to make it to the Central Texas shoot.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Down in Texas here, at my local gun store, the owner tells me that when ammo deliveries come off the delivery truck, they are so hot that they can put burn marks on the wood which he sets the ammo tins on in the back of his shop.  Seems that the ammo gets shipped in big shipping containers and can sit in the hot sun for days.  Reaching temperatures of God only knows how hot.  Thus, your car ain't gonna do diddly squat compared to what the ammo has already been through.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in So. Calif. Los Angeles County, I left a thermometer that I use for doing A/C & refrig work in the car with the windows up during a sunny afternoon at around 3pm it hit between 150-160 F.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Ammo is fine. Guns are fine for the most part, just don't leave your glocks in the car.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually leave my gun in the car with no ill effects. When the summer temps hit triple digits, I take the mags indoors with me, just in case.

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember, it's not the heat it's the humidity. Don't forget that they may start to rust (mine did) after a awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top