Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:40 PM EDT
I wanna build a fal and live in california. I am planning on building it on a imbel reciever. where do I get one and any dealers located in california.what else do I need? (DSA prices are too high for me)
I want it to be legal too. i live by santa barbara thank you
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Pick up an issue of Shotgun News or Gun List purchase a receiver through a local FFL for a transfer cost.

Spend a week end reading the FAL Files forums.

If your not dead set on building a rifle, I would get an ORF built FAL or a DSA STG58.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
He lives in california so he has to have a fal with the mag permanently attached to the gun. I think dsa is the only people that make them. I dont know what it would cost to get a custom build like that.

Something like this

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i think all you would have to do to make it cali legal would be weld the mag in place and add a stripper clip topcover.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Gunplumber sells CA compliant FALs.

www.arizonaresponsesystems.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
No welding of the mag necessary. Mag catch with a set screw to lock it. Someone on FALfiles sells them.

FALfiles
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
This place is in the LA area and they do great work. I had them build mine and I love it. I sent them the receiver and the parts kit I got from DSArms and they built it for me for a small charge and I had it back about a week and a half later.... there web site  is http://www.entreprise.com/Gunsmith/fnsmith.htm  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The Dealer Warehouse is in CA. and they sell Imbel receivers and FAL parts.

www.tdwsales.com/page/page/232510.htm

Good luck, Court .223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top