Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:40 PM EDT
I wanna build a fal and live in california. I am planning on building it on a imbel reciever. where do I get one and any dealers located in california.what else do I need? (DSA prices are too high for me)
I want it to be legal too. i live by santa barbara thank you
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:15:37 PM EDT
Pick up an issue of Shotgun News or Gun List purchase a receiver through a local FFL for a transfer cost.

Spend a week end reading the FAL Files forums.

If your not dead set on building a rifle, I would get an ORF built FAL or a DSA STG58.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 5:59:12 PM EDT by Agcsy]
He lives in california so he has to have a fal with the mag permanently attached to the gun. I think dsa is the only people that make them. I dont know what it would cost to get a custom build like that.

Something like this

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:37:52 PM EDT
i think all you would have to do to make it cali legal would be weld the mag in place and add a stripper clip topcover.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:02:17 AM EDT
Gunplumber sells CA compliant FALs.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:23:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 7:24:22 AM EDT by 1811GNR]
No welding of the mag necessary. Mag catch with a set screw to lock it. Someone on FALfiles sells them.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:21:41 PM EDT
This place is in the LA area and they do great work. I had them build mine and I love it. I sent them the receiver and the parts kit I got from DSArms and they built it for me for a small charge and I had it back about a week and a half later.... there web site  is http://www.entreprise.com/Gunsmith/fnsmith.htm  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:30:05 PM EDT
The Dealer Warehouse is in CA. and they sell Imbel receivers and FAL parts.


Good luck, Court .223
Top Top