Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 3:16:28 PM EDT
I'm looking for a cheap, small rifle to shoot 22 shorts (quietly)  Any suggestions??  bolt, pump, semi???   What's available, good and cheap??   Oh yeah! accuracy is important...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A winchester Mod 74 is a semi short that cycles CBs. Then one of those Rossi pumps or taurus.
GG
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a cheap, small rifle to shoot 22 shorts (quietly)  Any suggestions??  bolt, pump, semi???   What's available, good and cheap??   Oh yeah! accuracy is important...

Romanian training rifles can usually be picked up in the less than $75 range. We have a Husband and Wife that use them for our Silhouette league and they don't do too bad. Very light gun for offhand shooting though.
I doubt they will feed shorts from the mag.

Henry lever actions are a decent buy also and will chamber shorts, longs and LRs. They can usually be found in the neighborhood of $159.

Typically any bolt action rimfire or lever action rimfire can shoot shorts. The lever action has the added bonus of being able to feed from the tube magazine where you might have problems with the bolt actions feeding.

HTH
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an old Marlin bolt gun that shoots shorts pretty well.  Marlins are cheap, whith a 2x scope, 1 inch patterns at 50 yds are fairly easy to come by.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Marlins are a good bet, as are the Romanian traing rifles for $60-$70. Shhot shorts or CB caps - CB's now come in the 'long' flavor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top