Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2013 2:49:27 PM EDT
I would like to get a drop leg holster for my HK USPc.

Many of the ones I've found are for full size pistols -- anything for a compact? FYI -- It's about the same size as a Glock 23.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If you happen to have a Safariland or G-Code already, look into this.  HSGI UDHP.  You can set it really high if you want, and it's extremely stable.  I love mine.  Only negative is it is only a platform.  You provide the holster body.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you happen to have a Safariland or G-Code already, look into this.  HSGI UDHP.  You can set it really high if you want, and it's extremely stable.  I love mine.  Only negative is it is only a platform.  You provide the holster body.

I don't have a safariland, so this sounds crazy expensive for a holster.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how much shorter the compact is from a full size USP,  it this might work:

Click Here
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure how much shorter the compact is from a full size USP,  it this might work:

Click Here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click Here

I'm using the 1911 version of that holster and I'm pretty happy with it. Very well made! I took off the quick disconnect extender and one of the leg straps so the pistol sits right below my waist line.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to Pay to Play

but the problem is compounded by having a pistol that is not commonly accounted for by holster manufacturers

you could also check GCODE for a holster body and use the UDHP as the leg mount, but this route would not afford you a secondary retention method

Why are you wanting a dropleg capability?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have experience with the LBT universal drop legs? I have had my eye on those for a while.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I know they make a <gasp> SERPA <gasp> for your pistola. It can be mounted to a drop leg.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody have experience with the LBT universal drop legs? I have had my eye on those for a while.
View Quote

We got issued those for our M9s in Afghanistan. It's like cordura cancer on your leg. Way too much material you'll spend some time trimming it down. It does work but there are better options. Generally anything "universal" is bad. Stick with safariland. It costs yes but they last and you can mount them on anything.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one. They are often hated by the folks issued them, but mine works pretty well and integrates with most of my guns even with lights on them. I would recommend them with the caveat that they dont have as good a retention system as the plastic holsters. You can configure them in a number of ways, but the bottom line is you either get good retention or quick access but not both at the same time.

ETA: If you get one make sure you ditch the top belt loop thingy so you are only using one. Make it ride as high as possible. You may also only want to use one leg strap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top