Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:41:59 PM EDT
I've just ordered a new Rem. 1100 tactical (in O.D.!!) and was wondering: can I install an AR type collapsible stock on it?   Also, does anyone know where I can get a rail for it to mount optics?Please Help! Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Cavalry Arms makes the SST-870 system, its for the Remington 870, I am unfamiliar with the 1100, but it really only affects the rear of the receiver, so if they are similiar I assume them might work.

Thats system has the pistol grip, collapsable stock, and rail
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
AR-15 stocks are not supported because there's a recoil spring tube projecting from the rear of the receiver.

You can use almost any rail that's made for a Remington 870.  Someone told us the Tactical models have factory-tapped holes in the top of the receiver.  Is this true?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Because of the recoil tube in the stock, collaspable is definetly out - IMO, the best optic mounting solution for 1100s/11/87s is the Da-Mar mount - they work VERY well, aren't all that expensive, nor all that difficult to install...

Brownell's part # 483-100-001

www.brownells.com

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll let ya know as soon as it arrives......thanks everyone fro the help/replies
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top