Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 4:26:11 PM EDT
Hi, I would likesome inputs on the RS. It looks like a hunting/skinner type knife but with 1/4" thick blade would it be too thick to skin deer with? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:03:52 AM EDT
I'm not up to date on the Strider RS but Strider knives are top quality no doubt. I do feel they are EXTREEMLY OVER PRICED though!!!!!! You can find a combat or hunting/skinning knife that is equal or better then a Strider for 1/4 the price. Look around a little before you buy....lots of skinning knives to be had out there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:25:22 PM EDT
I've been wanting a Strider BAD, but with shooting in IPSC and 3 gun, all my money is going to match fees. Where is Santa in August??
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:12:51 PM EDT
i wish i could afford a strider just for game skinning!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:55:56 PM EDT
I wish I could afford one too! I have a few friends that make hand made knives and I now make them too. There is no way Strider has $300-500+ into their knives. You can buy a nice hand gun or rifel for that and there is a lot more work to make a gun. It pisses me off when a manufacture charges several hundred dollars more for a knife then it costs for them to make it. They are ripping you off!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:54:19 AM EDT
You guys got me thinking & yes $350 for a Strider RS is way too much for a hunting knife. Thanks for your replies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:04:31 AM EDT
It is kind of frustrating. I would have loved to get a nice Strider folder as well. But $350 for a frigging knife is just too much. I know they're beautifully made and tough as nails - that's why I'd love to have one - I just can't justify the expense.

Ended up ordering an nice Emerson on line. Still kind of pricey, but cost me about 1/2 what a similar Strider would have. I think Strider does have a line of knives they produce in conjunction with Buck that are cheaper. Just don't know much about the quality. Don't want an over-priced Buck with the Strider name on it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:05:34 AM EDT
I paid $260 for my Strider BT w/serreted edge. It is worth it IMO. I sold an SKS and a few AR mags to raise the funds for it. I don't miss the SKS at all.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:13:38 PM EDT
$260 is a good price for that knife compaired to what Strider knives usually sell for! Still for that kind of money and usually twice that you think Strider could give you a real handel material like Micarta, G10 or Carbonfiber instead of some cheep 5 cent braded cord shit that wears out in a month and collects and holds moisture and dirt against the steel.

For the money and what you get for it, Strider is a huge let down and pure rip off in the world of combat knives. Sorry if I sound like I'm being hard on them but it's true.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:20:06 PM EDT
I've got a Strider - it's nice, but I wouldn't pay for it. (I won it a few years back) I've got several of the Buck/Strider collaboration knives - they are worth every penny! buy with confidence......Then again, if you are just looking for hunting/skinning game knives, just buy a Buck!!!!! all I've ever used since I was a kid.......can't go wrong.......
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top