Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2002 10:27:11 AM EDT
Although technicaly against company policy, I work as a delivery driver (nice thing about being in the Guard and letting the wife get the big bucks) for a local pizza joint and nearly everyone there has their CC permit and carry.

The other day when the day shift was leaving and the night shift was coming on we all got into a comparison of our pieces. Of the eleven drivers there four carried Glocks, two carried 1911 types, our three women drivers (all close friends) carried Kel-Tec P-32s, Ahmad, the other 'rag head' (next to me) carries a Taurus 111, and I had my detachable mag Chinese Bolo Mauser.

When I brought my weapon out, everyone was fascinated. The C-96 is one of the few types that I'm accurate with, but I can only carry it when I work the night shift and wear a bulky sweatshirt.

The rest of the time I pack my wife's old CZ-70 in .32. Its not powerful, but its cheap, small, and both of us can score multipul hits on a man-sized target at 150ft with it from a supported position (car roof, prone position, shooters bench, etc..)

The discussion got me thinking though- The guy that hired me at the pizza joint used to work a lot of late night shifts in a big city, and carried a Cobray M-11/.380, Whats the strangest type of gun you've ever packed for CC?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I never carried one, but a guy in my CCW class a couple years ago was doing his with a Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull.  He was a rather, er, robust gentleman, and I believe he could pull it off.

The guy instructing the class kept looking at him like he was a moron.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I carry a Glock 27, nothing strange there.

BUT, in Arizona it's a true Concealed WEAPON permit, not a concealed handgun. Any legal weapon you own could be carried concealed. That's knives, swords, subguns, carbines, whatever.

I've often thought that a Cobray M-11 9MM FullAuto subgun would be cool as hell to carry. they can be had for about $1300 + the fees, and you can evwen get a shoulder holster rig for them. Just a thought....... for now.

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill Jordan once wrote about a friend of his that was a famous gunsmith/engaver/restorer in New Orleans.  He carried an original Manton single shot percussion "gentleman's" overcoat gun.
According to Jordon, a real quick way to wind up laying belly-up in a New Orleans gutter, was to attempt to rob the 'smith.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Right now my current carry is a Taurus 85 snubbie .38.  I used to have a 1911 Combat, but got rid of that for a decent trade.

Well for a time the only full sized pistol I owned (right when I got my concealed permit on my 21st birthday) was a 1914 DWM Luger.  It fit perfectly in the breast pocket of my light jacket.

Later on I traded it for a Desert Eagle, an old IMI one with laser porting, and nice polished blued finish.  That was my only 'practical' pistol I owned.  I carried that for about a month off an on.  I could carry it tucked through my belt and into the pocket on the left side of my pants.  It was late fall, so I wore a heavy camo jacket.  Didn't print much.  

I remember the first night I got and brought it home, a local drug pusher was harrassing this drunk guy in the alley where I live.  It was a warm night and I was dressed lightly, had the Eagle tucked it my pants running stuff from the car to my place.  He asked what was in my pants and I said "Desert Eagle"  

He didn't believe me, so I lifted my shirt and showed him the back of the slide/grip.  Haven't seen him back for awhile...

Before I got my Taurus, I packed my Mac-12 in .380 with two 12 round mags.  Just threw it in my school bag when I took the bus on weekends and whatnot (never to the university).
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Patriot AR-15 pistol with a Beta C-Mag...
Ted...
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Long Range Pistol: Remington XP-100R / .223 Rem.

I just painted the stock ultra-flat black today (it looks even better!).
With the proper shoulder holster, this would be quite the concealed 'firearm', as it is technically a Long Range Pistol...fun, huh?
:
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Guardtanker,

I hope the C96 is in some sort of holster. But geez, just the sight of that would make a bad guy wet his pants.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Lord Grey Boots,

Fit well in a large frame revolver shoulder holster, with the broom handle out. I'm pretty thickly built so it only stuck out a tiny bit.

Sold the gun to a friend today for AR parts money. Jeezus these things are addictive, why didnt anyone tell me?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw a "large" fellow carrying a Thunder 5 in Arizona...
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
TREETOP,
NOW yer talkin'!
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Treetop, who makes that AR pistol? How much does it way? Reliability? Can you get a sholder stock for it? Sorry about all the questions, but I have never seen one like that one and know little about AR pistols.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Twin Glock 18C's with Streamlight M6 and 30 rnd mags.  Enough for an entire room of bad guys.

Not really, I'm not old enough to legally carry yet.  Two 18C's would be pretty damn cool though, huh?  Or am I just too much of a John Woo fan?
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The strangest I have ever heard of was a guy in Florida carrying a M4A1 under a long jacket. Cops tried to nail him for it, but they had to let him go because it was not illegal.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#17]
When I used to work 3rd shift in a Stop-N-Rob convenience store I usually packed my 1863 Colt Pocket Police 5 shot .36 cap&ball revolver.  Only suitable handgun I had at the time.  No way in hell could I have concealed my .44 Walker (4.5# 9" barreled hand howitzer).  The small Colt(Italian knock-off) .36 actually conceals pretty good in spite of the 5" barrel.  Not real impressive ballistic wise but much better than harsh language or an 'attitude adjuster' Mag-Lite.  A guy I went to school with used to pack a CVA single shot derringer for the same reason.

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah.... the CAV-15 pistol shows again....

If you keep showing that thing, you guys will have to make it eventually. (HINT)

Pizza?  Pipeline, Perfection, Dominos(?) or Pizza Hut....(been a while)......can't recall the 'old' pizza places.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Crap Kaliburz, you're starting to sound like one of my old fraternity brothers. (thats a compliment, we were the 'smart' frat, we drank EXPENSIVE booze, and yes, I drank, In great excess, I havnt always been a Muslim)

Was going to be a two month job until the wife got some good work and I could afford to quit and find  better job, then the economy went in the toilet around here, and its been almost a year now. The pizza is still crap, we order from Papa Murpheys when ever no one is around. Our managers last year were...interesting. One slept in the office, the other two are now in jail for breaking into one of the local bars. The new guys are corprate weasles, but they're still better than the Korean lady I worked for last summer "WHY YOU DO THAT?! YOU SO STOOPID!" (spit on the T) but at that job, at least I was making bank and taking home a new gun every month.

You know, I've got this all wrong, I think I'm just going to take the stock off this Commando MkIII, cut the barrel to 5", and register it as a pistol.

30 rounds of .45, what do you say?

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#20]
The oddest thing I've ever carried consealed was a Kel-Tec SUB-2000. A 9mm carbine that folds down to 16" and fit's under a jean jacket with a small shoulder sling.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Semmerling LM-4

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The oddest thing I've ever carried consealed was a Kel-Tec SUB-2000. A 9mm carbine that folds down to 16" and fit's under a jean jacket with a small shoulder sling.

Hummmm........ interesting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]
1.  A Browning Broadway 12 ga O/U with 10" barrels and a pistol grip (a long time ago, and not in the US).  
2.  And at the other extreme, a High Standard .22M Double Derringer with the barrels shortened about 1/2" and the grips replaced with electrical tape.  
3.  And not nearly as strange, many different custom Detonics, Commanders and even a few full-length 1911's.
4.  A two-foot Wakizashi.  But only once, it seemed a good idea at the time.

Pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top