Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/19/2009 7:33:16 PM EST
I believe I read that a FFL can store guns at a site other this the FFL business location. Not sell from the location––just store. On the Form 7 application, does this other area have to be listed? Or, is there another form?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:55:58 AM EST
There is no area on the F 7 specifically to list any off-site storage location(s) for firearms inventory. You can just write it on a separate piece of paper and attach it to the F 7, or just tell the ATF when they come out to do your initial inspection.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 8:54:00 AM EST
Yes, you can do off-site storage that does not have to be licensed. A lot of distributors do it this way due to space. Some larger stores also do this also. I have done it also with collectible type firearms or ones that I just did not feel comfortable leaving at the the store.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:49:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By supv26:
Yes, you can do off-site storage that does not have to be licensed. A lot of distributors do it this way due to space. Some larger stores also do this also. I have done it also with collectible type firearms or ones that I just did not feel comfortable leaving at the the store.

So do I need to list this other "storage" location on anything other than a note in my A&D book. Do I have to formally declare the address to the ATF, etc? I already have my 01.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:05:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2009 12:07:37 PM EST by guncrank1]
Originally Posted By Guido1:

Originally Posted By supv26:

So do I need to list this other "storage" location on anything other than a note in my A&D book. Do I have to formally declare the address to the ATF, etc? I already have my 01.

You only need to tell them the address. I have nevered wriitten down where it is. But then my storage area is also my mailing, shipping address,and machine/gunsmith shop. My premise is a rented office space.

As for the bound book I have never made a note as to where a gun is. It could be in office or in my shop. It is still in book until transfered to customer.

CEW
Top Top