Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 12:27:27 PM EDT
I recently completed a trade for some armor. When I received the package in the mail, I found that the esapi plates where green US marked plates. The soft armor and carrier also has nsn numbers. I attempted to contact the seller numerous times now and he will not answer the phone or return my calls. His business sites say he is an active duty LEO, but I have had no luck finding where at his local, county, or state levels. Who should I report this to? I do not want to be in possession of stolen US property. The individual lives in St. Marys Georgia.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
was this through a website?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
tag tag tag
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Green US marked ESAPIs are stolen, since none have ever been released to the public. It was off armslist, however he is the owner of Fletcher Tactical
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Green US marked ESAPIs are stolen, since none have ever been released to the public. It was off armslist, however he is the owner of Fletcher Tactical
View Quote

I see a FB but no actual website
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
While I applaud your integrity, I fear you're about to learn an expensive lesson on the subject of "Why you should NEVER invite the man into your life".
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While I applaud your integrity, I fear you're about to learn an expensive lesson on the subject of "Why you should NEVER invite the man into your life".
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Be sure to post a picture of your Good Citizens Medal when you get it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't want a damned medal, but what the hell am I supposed to do with it now? I can't sell it, and I can't keep it either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't want a damned medal, but what the hell am I supposed to do with it now? I can't sell it, and I can't keep it either.
View Quote

I have a feeling you will be disappointed with either outcome. Having the man in your life for any reason is not a good thing, even if you did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd start by calling some sort of JAG unit and asking about it.

Or paint it and never talk about it again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Throw it in a dumpster somewhere and walk away then I guess.  I wouldn't worry about it personally though until you had hard evidence that it was stolen in the form of a knock on the door from someone in a suit wanting it back.

There are all kinds of things that supposedly "never made it into civilian hands" from the .gov that have indeed made it out there in small numbers.  Without proof to the contrary you are just stressing for no reason.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
There are so many avenues for this stuff to be legit its probably more likely its legit than stolen. Dont imagine problems where there might not be one. Call the FBI of you want to, they will sieze it even if its legal because they wont know anymore about it than you do. Maybe if youre lucky they will decide to take a look around to see what other contraband you're holding. Own any C3 stuff? This thread could get awesome.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you sure it wasn't some sort of military surplus deal? Lotta stuff coming up for sale now that the wars are winding down.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in to see what goes down..

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
If you feel that strongly about it, contact the C.I.D. office at either Fort Benning or Stewart.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Contractors all get GI SAPI plates right from the military. We sign for them from CIF as individuals. at a certain point (2yr mark I think) the company gets billed for it from the government. Tens of thousands of contractors over the last 12yrs have been in this spot. The number of non-stolen sapis out there is probably staggering.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I would keep them, throw them in a closet for the zombie-gedon.

Or wipe them down, put them in a box and drop ship them (paying cash) to the local FBI office with a "you're welcome" note
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#19]
In. Sorry OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can never understand people like you.   You don't want it?    Throw them in the ocean, or a river.  Or bury them under the ground..

I can understand feeling disappointed, but c'mon man, wtf are you going to do when faced with a real problem.  

The fact that you live in AK makes it even more.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be in possession of stolen property or with feeling like you got fucked when someone sold it to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can never understand people like you.   You don't want it?    Throw them in the ocean, or a river.  Or bury them under the ground..

I can understand feeling disappointed, but c'mon man, wtf are you going to do when faced with a real problem.  

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be in possession of stolen property or with feeling like you got fucked when someone sold it to you.

but its hard to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that they were stolen
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, but I just can't imagine going through life, looking for official government sanctioned assistance for every little bump in the road.    He doesn't know for fact it is stolen.   He has a record of how he acquired it.

Could he have reasonably known it was "stolen". Or is it just an ambiguous suspicion picked out of dusty corners of the internet?  

One can find all manner of things to worry about, but life is to short stress about it  imho.

It's just a difference in mindset.    Feel uncomfortable having it around?     Geocache it.   -or-   Give it to someone who appreciates it.  

We just donated Billions of dollars worth of weapons to ISIS.   Excuse me if I don't see the outrage over a set of Plates of dubious pedigree.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
OP it seems to me like you didn't ask enough questions to begin with.  Did you not see pics of what you were purchasing?

Not trying to be a dick but when people sell acogs for 500 bucks and plate carriers and sapi plates I would hope your spidey sense would think something was fishy or at least you would ensure the items were not stolen before you purchased them...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#26]
For everyone's edification, sense apparently you do not know. All green ESAPI plates with US markings are stolen. Period. End of story hard evidence right there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
And yes I did see a pic, the items pictured where not the items I received. The plates pictured where black ESAPIs which would be legal.

And to half you other posters talking about SAPI plates, you realize there is a difference right? There is surplus US marked SAPIs, there is not a single legal green US marked ESAPI plate on the civilian market.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Someone loses issued equipment and then is forced to pay for it. They find it later and sell it. However, if it is stolen the Armor Reclaimation Squad will find you and arrest you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Someone loses issued equipment and then is forced to pay for it. They find it later and sell it making themselves felons for sellin stolen government propertyHowever, if it is stolen the Armor Reclaimation Squad will find you and arrest you.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone loses issued equipment and then is forced to pay for it. They find it later and sell it making themselves felons for sellin stolen government propertyHowever, if it is stolen the Armor Reclaimation Squad will find you and arrest you.

FIFY

If it is paid for then its not stolen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#31]
It actually is because it is still US Property. All US marked ESAPI plates are illegal. Period. They are still the property of the government
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll take em off your hands for you
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For everyone's edification, sense apparently you do not know. All green ESAPI plates with US markings are stolen. Period. End of story hard evidence right there.
View Quote

Since joker has already made an appearance ITT, I'll refrain from name calling but we really appreciate your making definitive legal claims with no link to back it up.
+1

#arfcom: for statists who like guns

I'll take this opportunity to but out of this technical conversation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Stolen? You paid taxes for that stuff.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Answered
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top