Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:53:01 AM EDT
Whats the deal with the stocks they have, I called and there Geram HK. The add says they'll work on a HK 91. Anybody know?? There item # AX6M-20288  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's some discussion on it,  here

That is NOT a German made HK stock, nor is it B&T.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I called customer service @ SG and the girl got some guy in charge that said they were imported from Germany. They look good!! Im  pondering one of these or another stock from CFS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Too bad the stock folds to the left and not to the right (ejection port side).  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I just called and the man just said imported but he did not know what country it came from.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one in tonight.  Do not waste your time or money.  The folder part folds to the wrong side and that is just the begining.  There is some sort of rubber buffer inside it that does not allow you to install it.  Once you take the buffer out it still will not fit in enough to be able to push the push pin in straight.  I am sending it back tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got one in tonight.  Do not waste your time or money.  The folder part folds to the wrong side and that is just the begining.  There is some sort of rubber buffer inside it that does not allow you to install it.  Once you take the buffer out it still will not fit in enough to be able to push the push pin in straight.  I am sending it back tomorrow

I figured as much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really don not know what came over me to make me buy this stock.  I usually only buy suff that is proven.  That said I just place an order for the B&T stock from DSA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish you would have posted about the stock before I ordered one two days ago.  Oh well, guess I will send it back when it gets here.  Does anyone have an opinion about he Choat Machine and tool side folders for HK 91?  If so please give info before I make another dumb purchase.

Take care.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wish you would have posted about the stock before I ordered one two days ago.  Oh well, guess I will send it back when it gets here.  Does anyone have an opinion about he Choat Machine and tool side folders for HK 91?  If so please give info before I make another dumb purchase.

Take care.

Mine was for the HK94.  You may have netter luck with one for the 91.  BTW I just got it last night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Take care.

The Choate stock is longer than the factory fixed stock, if that is going to be an issue you can get the ACE side folder.  The Ace stock can be set up shorter, or to fold to the left, and it has the option of a rubber butt pad.  Also when I talked with the sales rep from ACE they recommended the Buffer Technologies recoil buffer be used with their stock as the endcap assembly ships with the same one Choate uses.  I would apply this same advice to the stock from Choate, mainly they said the buffer included with the kit doesn't last as long as the Buffertech buffer.

I have both the Choate stock for the 91 and 94, my only complaint is that the A1 style endcap for the 94 is a bit wobbly on the gun.  I like the extended lenght over the stock on the 94.  If your Choate stock is crooked they will exchange it for one that is not.  They are good people, and remember they made the OE folder for the HK MP5k.  Virtually the same piece they sell for the other HK guns, just attached to the weapon differently.

If I had the option to do it again, I would purchase the Choate stock and the ACE side folder.  I would however look into a metal HK93 endcap to use with the one for the HK94 to eliminate any chance of a wobble on those guns.  (ACE uses the same HK MP5 A1 endcap to attache their folder to the HK94 or MP5 so it may wobble on a 94 as well).

As a side note you can purchase everything you need to put an AR15 collapsible stock on an HK gun from ACE if you are interested in such a project.  You can purchase the Choate stock from Choate, JLD enterprises or Robert Johnson at RTG parts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info Whs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#13]
made in Korea

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=157799
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top