Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:20:10 AM EDT
Any opinions on this rifle. I'm waiting on a Armalite, but I found a decent price on a Steyr. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:17 AM EDT
Never heard of it. Do you have any links where we could investigate the Styer 50?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 4:43:51 AM EDT by akethan]
I saw one on GunsAmerica, it had a Armalite brake on it.

For the same money I would buy the Steyr.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:03:39 PM EDT
Here you go,
Steyr
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 11:37:12 AM EDT by bulgydog1]
Yeah...I'd like to here more feedback on the Steyr. I think alot of people are boycotting them because of the Austrian sale of them to Iran, but I would like to hear about quality, mechanics and accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:02 AM EDT

I think alot of people are boyctting them because of the Austrian sale of them to Iran, but I would like to hear about quality, mechanics and accuracy.

Well I'm out after reading that little gem of info. I'll wait for an American made Armalite. Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:28:47 AM EDT

Well I'm out after reading that little gem of info. I'll wait for an American made Armalite. Thanks...

Or go with a Barrett. He won't even sell to California governmental agencies since CA banned the civilians from buying them... I don't know Armalite's position on selling to CA government agencies, but hats off to Barrett for what they're doing.. they'll make more $$ now anyway, as it was the final thing that sold me over the Armalite.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:49:35 PM EDT
Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:37:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rick-James:
Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon.

I've seen M99s for around 3200 bucks, not a bad price. The M95 repeater is a bit more spendy though at upwards of 4500 from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:38:14 PM EDT
I just got a HS50 and it has an aluminum muzzle brake. Going to try it on Sat and will let everyone know what happens. I have never seen a aluminum brake, I am not sure it will hold up.

For the money I would have bought a Cobb BA50 but this guy owed me funds and I had to take something from his store so I could collect my funds as trade. So here I am owning my 4th 50bmg rifle. Have a Cobb FA50(T) and I love it but the new bolt action repeater is less then 3K and I have to have one thats all there is too it. I will sell the HS50 single shot rifle to get that Cobb rifle because it has no recoil and I got a 8" group at a 1000 yards with Talon ball ammo.

My 2 cents worth
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:22:32 AM EDT

Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon

Understood. I was more than happy to save up a little longer (and able) for the additional cost, since I really both want the Barrett M99 for its quality and I really want to support Ronnie Barrett (even though he raised his retail prices this year).

$3200 is not a bad price for an M99, since dealer price is about $3100. A friend of our family who is an FFL is getting me an M99 for $20 over dealer price.. but Barrett still says they are 4-6 months backordered... so I am still waiting. I thought about buying one NIB from someone, but I heard Barrett made some small improvements on the 2005 model, so I'll just wait...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 9:42:30 AM EDT by uglygun]

Originally Posted By shadowarrior1:
I just got a HS50 and it has an aluminum muzzle brake. Going to try it on Sat and will let everyone know what happens. I have never seen a aluminum brake, I am not sure it will hold up.

It likely won't.

Bluegrass Armory tried to do that on their Viper 50 if I remember correctly and the things erroded quickly. They do a 1 for 1 replacement where people with the older aluminum brake can swap it out for steel.

About 2 years back I think a local gunshop had one for 2800 bucks but I couldn't swing it at the time, I was so pissed I couldn't have gotten it at the time.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top