Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:20:10 AM EDT
Any opinions on this rifle. I'm waiting on a Armalite, but I found a decent price on a Steyr. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it.  Do you have any links where we could investigate the Styer 50?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw one on GunsAmerica, it had a Armalite brake on it.

For the same money I would buy the Steyr.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Here you go,
Steyr
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...I'd like to here more feedback on the Steyr.  I think alot of people are boycotting them because of the Austrian sale of them to Iran, but I would like to hear about quality, mechanics and accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]

I think alot of people are boyctting them because of the Austrian sale of them to Iran, but I would like to hear about quality, mechanics and accuracy.

Well I'm out after reading that little gem of info. I'll wait for an American made Armalite. Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Well I'm out after reading that little gem of info. I'll wait for an American made Armalite. Thanks...

Or go with a Barrett.  He won't even sell to California governmental agencies since CA banned the civilians from buying them...   I don't know Armalite's position on selling to CA government agencies, but hats off to Barrett for what they're doing.. they'll make more $$ now anyway, as it was the final thing that sold me over the Armalite.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon.

I've seen M99s for around 3200 bucks, not a bad price.    The M95 repeater is a bit more spendy though at upwards of 4500 from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got a HS50 and it has an aluminum muzzle brake. Going to try it on Sat and will let everyone know what happens. I have never seen a aluminum brake, I am not sure it will hold up.

For the money I would have bought a Cobb BA50 but this guy owed me funds and I had to take something from his store so I could collect my funds as trade. So here I am owning my 4th 50bmg rifle. Have a Cobb FA50(T) and I love it but the new bolt action repeater is less then 3K and I have to have one thats all there is too it. I will sell the HS50 single shot rifle to get that Cobb rifle because it has no recoil and I got a 8" group at a 1000 yards with Talon ball ammo.

My 2 cents worth
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Problem is price. I would like nothing more than a Barret, but it's a little out of my price range. AR50 sets me back $2500, I'm 2k more for Mr. B's fine weapon

Understood.  I was more than happy to save up a little longer (and able) for the additional cost, since I really both want the Barrett M99 for its quality and I really want to support Ronnie Barrett (even though he raised his retail prices this year).

$3200 is not a bad price for an M99, since dealer price is about $3100.  A friend of our family who is an FFL is getting me an M99 for $20 over dealer price.. but Barrett still says they are 4-6 months backordered... so I am still waiting.  I thought about buying one NIB from someone, but I heard Barrett made some small improvements on the 2005 model, so I'll just wait...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just got a HS50 and it has an aluminum muzzle brake. Going to try it on Sat and will let everyone know what happens. I have never seen a aluminum brake, I am not sure it will hold up.

It likely won't.

Bluegrass Armory tried to do that on their Viper 50 if I remember correctly and the things erroded quickly.    They do a 1 for 1 replacement where people with the older aluminum brake can swap it out for steel.

About 2 years back I think a local gunshop had one for 2800 bucks but I couldn't swing it at the time, I was so pissed I couldn't have gotten it at the time.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top