Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 6:58:04 AM EDT
I dunno what really happened, but I remember in the last 5 years I had seen them go around $1200 per rifle at gun shows, now anywhere I look they are around $2k-$3k.  What exactly happenedthat warranted such a price change?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Supply & demand. I think the days of $1,200 AUGs was a bit longer then five years ago, but they have been increasing in price over the years. When I bought mine the price jumped up $200 in 3 months and now they are selling a 1,000 more.  Maybe if the DSA clone AUG comes out the $1,200 days will be back

Chris
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damnit I hate clones.  Im gonna look back home (east iowa) next time I visit, Ill try to plan it around a gunshow.  That is the last place I saw a AUG fo $1200, it was either 1999 or 2000.  A guy had a really nice one in Hawaii about 3 years ago that had a lot of accessories for it, his price was even under $2000.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it but you missed two great deals on AUGs. I bought mine from  GUNLIST in 1998 for 2400 and that was the best price I saw at the time. My Father bought another AUG at our local gun shop for 2000. The cheapest AUG that I saw was in 1992 for 1700. But the next time you see a good deal on a AUG buy it as fast as you can.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
There is an Aug A2 for sale right now on Sturmgewehr (original all matching numbers).  Asking price is $4,000.  That's a helluva deal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is an Aug A2 for sale right now on Sturmgewehr (original all matching numbers).  Asking price is $4,000.  That's a helluva deal.

You got a link?  I just went there to look for it, and searched and searched, but couldn't find it for the life of me.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For $4k Id rather buy a couple other rifles.  Theres nothing in the AUG that I see other than the cool factor that would possibly warrant me spending that much money on it, unless it was a full auto.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For $4k Id rather buy a couple other rifles.  Theres nothing in the AUG that I see other than the cool factor that would possibly warrant me spending that much money on it, unless it was a full auto.

I can understand that.  The Aug is kind of a love-hate thing.  I personally love it even though there may be better choices for a battle rifle.  Most people are not as fond as me.  (Of course, mine is a full auto . . .)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 (Of course, mine is a full auto . . .)

Not in NY, it isn't (as a private citizen anyway)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 (Of course, mine is a full auto . . .)

Not in NY, it isn't (as a private citizen anyway)

Sadly that's true, it has to hide in Florida so we don't get together that often
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top