Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2018 7:38:53 PM EDT
Put away the drill bits, factory suppressor setting gas plugs are here. Limited right now as you can see. $100 from pjs, just don't crowd me in the check out line...

Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordered.  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like more than just a change in the size of the vent hole. What's up with the area underneath the black ears?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
@maleante

Not seeing it under Parts- gotta call, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Nevermind- emailed Pete, plug on order now.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw on the Facebook group. I need this!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome! Hopefully these will continue to be imported/made.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like more than just a change in the size of the vent hole. What's up with the area underneath the black ears?
View Quote
Don't know, but it sure makes it easy to identify versus the standard regulator.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Just emailed Pete.  Hopefully I made it in time to get one.  I have an AUG AAC 51t FH that I need to mount, and the stamp for my SDN-6 should be approved in the next few months.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Do these have a more restrictive inlet port for the suppressed setting? Or a more free flowing outlet port? I'm hoping the former for reduced port pop.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#9]
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need 3 and just spent my monthly allowance from the wife for guns haha Shito..... next month
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, Pete is sold out of the initial batch, but I just reserved two gas plugs from the batch that is currently clearing customs.  He said that batch is pretty small as well and it will be at least 6 months until the next shipment at a minimum, if not longer depending on Steyr's motivation to produce more.  Get your pre-orders in now if you want one!
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine on reserve too
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got mine on reserve too
View Quote
Got 2 as well. Maybe 13 or so left as of 25 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, I'm not sure if I need this since I already drilled mine out and it runs 100% as a result.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do these have a more restrictive inlet port for the suppressed setting? Or a more free flowing outlet port? I'm hoping the former for reduced port pop.
View Quote
I'm also interested in this answer.

Got a couple ordered in any case. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Put away the drill bits, factory suppressor setting gas plugs are here. Limited right now as you can see. $100 from pjs, just don't crowd me in the check out line...

https://i.imgur.com/YVCbJAt.jpg
View Quote

Dude, thanks for the heads up!

Quoted:
Hmm, I'm not sure if I need this since I already drilled mine out and it runs 100% as a result.
View Quote
It's only money.

My rifle has not had any issues/failures while suppressed with the standard plug, but it's just over-gassed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered my first AUG yesterday from Pete and read about this late last night, sent him a msg and he replied early this am indicating that they were gone. A little bummed as I told him I plan on running it suppressed when I placed the order, anyways I'm reserved for one on the second batch as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too, but I ordered one anyway. If it works better, I'll sell the drilled one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Argh, what's the facebook page/group that had this? I've been dying to get my hands on a couple of these for years now
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Call pete now and get on his list.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Argh, what's the facebook page/group that had this? I've been dying to get my hands on a couple of these for years now
View Quote
I only reposted it to the group - and that was a couple hours after I put it up on here.

Steyr AUG owners group is the name when you search for it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, I think I just subbed to that group right after I posted
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Call pete now and get on his list.
View Quote
Whats his number?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whats his number?
View Quote
704-668-7973
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

704-668-7973
View Quote
Thanks!  Got two on order.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just ordered my first AUG yesterday from Pete and read about this late last night, sent him a msg and he replied early this am indicating that they were gone. A little bummed as I told him I plan on running it suppressed when I placed the order, anyways I'm reserved for one on the second batch as well.
View Quote
Congats on your first AUG.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks, I'm excited about getting it. It wasn't a gamble purchase as I had an opportunity to shoot one previously that belongs to a good friend of mine. I tried my 62gr BTHP coyote load in it and it was damn accurate and will be the primary use for it but it'll work for any critter when called upon;). SAS Suppressors is threading me a flash hider to use with my Sentinel can and the suppressor gas plug will be the last piece of the puzzle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm excited about getting it. It wasn't a gamble purchase as I had an opportunity to shoot one previously that belongs to a good friend of mine. I tried my 62gr BTHP coyote load in it and it was damn accurate and will be the primary use for it but it'll work for any critter when called upon;). SAS Suppressors is threading me a flash hider to use with my Sentinel can and the suppressor gas plug will be the last piece of the puzzle.
View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]
#^%$!^@%$  I'm off the grid for a few days and I miss these

Emailed Pete to get on the 2nd batch I guess...sigh.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
#^%$!^@%$  I'm off the grid for a few days and I miss these

Emailed Pete to get on the 2nd batch I guess...sigh.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you and it sucks TBO.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]
In to hear the results. I need one of these myself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine, haven't used it yet, but the port sizes look promising. Keep in mind when reading the following, I'm using a factory 14" barrel. Mine was still slightly overgassed suppressed even with a .101" port often mentioned on the forums, .00785 port area. So, I used the stock port and added an extra port totaling .0103 post area and it was slightly undergassed. I measured the new plug with pin gauges at .110, netting .0095 port area. So, in between the two and hopefully the sweet spot! Will report back after shooting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Wtf. U cant just come here and say u have a factory 14in barrel. Thats fucked up without pictures. And a sale price.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wtf. U cant just come here and say u have a factory 14in barrel. Thats fucked up without pictures. And a sale price.
View Quote
What, you don't have one? Hell I had to sell one of mine to pay some bills...at least I've got one more left
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got my shipping notification from Pete.  This is for the two plugs I ordered from the second batch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just got my shipping notification from Pete.  This is for the two plugs I ordered from the second batch.
View Quote
ditto x3
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
?! He never even replied to my mail asking to hold a couple for me...I'll call him today when I get a chance, hopefully he has some left..
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
?! He never even replied to my mail asking to hold a couple for me...I'll call him today when I get a chance, hopefully he has some left..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I emailed a few days ago and both 1st and 2nd batches were sold out already - so I guess we're in the 3rd batch which is a couple months out
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#39]
So uh
How do we swap out these gas regulators?
Can someone make an idiot proof guide?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#40]
NM
read the manual for the first time. Didnt know it was in there
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine came today. It looks like the ports are a totally different arrangement.

Anybody have information about what the GR setting now does? Or what, exactly, the suppressor plug is doing (venting more gas, letting less in, etc)
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#42]
ON the civi version the gas plug has 3 settings.
-normal
-adverse
-grenade

the suppressor plug has 3 settings.
-normal
-grenade
-suppressed

Normal is same position. The old adverse is now grenade. And the old grenade is now the suppressed setting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#43]
The suppressed setting (0ld grenade setting is a bigger hole) than the normal setting and is venting more gas. Now with the gun on suppressed AND using a suppressor. The extra back pressure from the can is cycling the action, w/out beating the rifle up internally. If you run the AUG w/ it on suppressed, but no suppressor. It probably won't cycle the action.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#44]
ha, still haven't shot mine with the drilled out ports I put into it...  takes me a year to do it and then these come in.  oh well, saved me $100 I guess assuming what I did works.  I made the adverse hole just slightly smaller than the old normal which seemed to eject even weak powered ammo with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#45]
As long as the hole was drilled reasonably close to the right size, I'm sure it will work fine.

Me, I bought 2 of these for a 16 and 20 inch barrel. They work as advertised.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone shot the suppressor gas plug without a suppressor?  I'm curious if it can used to reduce felt recoil like an adjustable gas block on an AR...
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Has anyone shot the suppressor gas plug without a suppressor?  I'm curious if it can used to reduce felt recoil like an adjustable gas block on an AR...
View Quote
I did accidentally. It won't work. On the suppressor setting, you need the extra back pressure from the suppressor to cycle the action properly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got around to installing. and noticed the holes in the plug don't exactly line up with the holes in the gas block cylinder, there is a slight amount of offset, is this typical or a potential issue?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]
typical. nothing to worry about
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top