Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2012 3:08:04 PM EDT
Just got my SWR Trident 9 and Gemtech UMP45 suppressors back from Matt @ SRI.  Had them jail broken.  Also had the UMP baffles anodized. Matt is a pleasure to work with and I will be sending another suppressor to him in short time for the same service.  I highly recommend getting these sealed cans opened up so you can actually clean them.  I had already had my UMP suppressor converted from the UMP QD mount to 5/8x24 thread.  Good stuff.

UMP45

TRIDENT 9

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
SRI/Matt does awesome work.  About how many rounds did you have through each can before you sent them in?  Did you go with the titanium or aluminum?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm only used to hearing Jail Breaking in reference to iPhones.  What does it mean to jail break a suppressor?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Jailbreaking is opening up a sealed suppressor to make it user-servicable.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SRI/Matt does awesome work.  About how many rounds did you have through each can before you sent them in?  Did you go with the titanium or aluminum?

Neither can had many rounds through it.  Iwent with aluminum.  Couldnt justify the Ti cost.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
How much does it cost?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I jailbroke my own TiRant45 and took a picture of the insides and the tool that I made on another forum.

The owner of SRI I believe hangs out on another silencer form and he was giving me BS because I was selling an end cap spanner wrench to jail break AAC TiRant9 & 45 silencers.

Guys from that forum would email me if I could make them the tool, so yea I'll make you one and for a while I was busy mailing these things out.

Anyway I was cutting into his profits a bit. He wasn't too happy.

I don't make them any longer as AAC stopped the Rocksett application on the Tirant silencers.

Life on the Internet is dangerious at times.....

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I don't see him giving you BS..just trying to set the record straight.

There are guys out there that can screw up a wet dream. The roll pins aren't the problem, it's the operator. If the operator doesn't keep it square inside the cap, it can slip. 1 person said he had a problem, not several.

The roll pins were a cost savings for me. In addition, they are hardened so they won't flex or twist off like a soft made in China pin could.

I explained that to him a while back. Why would he be concerned if somebody would screw up a can? If they did, he'd charge them several hundred to machine another end cap. By law, I can't repair silencers, but he could.

I'm a machinist and do all my own gun smithing work for years, so opening up an end cap hardly intimidates me. I figured out the bolt circle, created a spanner wrench  then opened mine up. I took a picture or two and made a little story to contribute to the subject on jail breaking Tirants on that site. Members of that site asked me to make one for them, and I did, over and over again.

That's all in the past now.

He's an intelligent guy, and he knows a lot about silencers. If something was in need of repair, & over my head, I'd look him up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top