Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2022 3:59:24 AM EDT
Been eyeing that c2 for years. Back in the old sti days. But I want to consider my options. What else should I be considering as far as 9mm double stack hammer with optic?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the various CZ offerings.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bul Armory?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you looking specifically for a compact or open to full size?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If you’ve been eyeing it for years I’d go for that one, after test firing of course.

Otherwise CZ.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I could be swayed either way
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Wilson Combat EDC-X9 optic ready.

One of the issues with the Staccato line is they're just bigger overall guns than say your typical 1911 size pistol.  The EDC was designed to be a Glock 19 size.  WC also has smaller versions.

And for reference, I've owned a C, C2, P, XC, Atlas NYX & Athena.  And when I went to grab something for carry, I usually gravitated back to the Glock 19 or MR920.  Just because the other ones were bigger/and or heavier.  And I'm 6'4" 210.

And I've got a beautiful CZ Shadow II Tactical that shoots like a dream.   But again, weight & size prevents me from carrying it very often.

After going through a high end 1911/2011 phase, the one $2K+ gun I've kept is a Wilson Experior.  EDC frame with commander slide. And as a lefty, it has one of the best ambi-safties I've ever felt.  I just wish it was optic cut.

Go out to a local high end 1911/2011 dealer and handle a bunch to see what you prefer.  What works for me, may not work for you.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Good info any one else?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, check out the WC SFX9.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get a Nighthawk in double stack with their interchangeable optic plate option.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Atlas Athena
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone looking in the future, one thing that's really catching my eye is the GI Hellcat X2. Probably pushing 5K all souped up but I do think it is the 2011 the staccato wishes it was. Haven't seen a bad review on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone looking in the future, one thing that's really catching my eye is the GI Hellcat X2. Probably pushing 5K all souped up but I do think it is the 2011 the staccato wishes it was. Haven't seen a bad review on it.
View Quote

Honest Outlaw seems to hate this GI Hellcat and it’s one of his top regrets. Checkout that review.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Atlas Athena
View Quote

^^ This…the only double stacks that beat the Stacattos out of the pool are the Atlas guns.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Honest Outlaw seems to hate this GI Hellcat and it’s one of his top regrets. Checkout that review.
View Quote

All I saw was a Springfield hellcat. Unless he has a GI X2, That's like the difference between hipoint and staccato.

GI x2 are like 5k hammerfired custom. Same size as c2 duo but supposedly fit and finish are of actual custom craftsmanship. I've got a lot of knocks on staccato about finish. But honestly idk.

Springfields like striker fired immataion glock

Springfield Hellcat First Shots & Impressions
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All I saw was a Springfield hellcat. Unless he has a GI X2, That's like the difference between hipoint and staccato.

GI x2 are like 5k hammerfired custom. Same size as c2 duo but supposedly fit and finish are of actual custom craftsmanship. I've got a lot of knocks on staccato about finish. But honestly idk.

Springfields like striker fired immataion glock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZd_PwdIquI
View Quote

Not the Springfield Hellcat, I was talking about the Guncrafter Hellcat. Here, found the link. The GI Hellcat opinion starts at around 2:36 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqGjRHhHII

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not the Springfield Hellcat, I was talking about the Guncrafter Hellcat. Here, found the link. The GI Hellcat opinion starts at around 2:36 of the video.

View Quote

That's helpful thx
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]
You could also have a smith make one to your spec's.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I will say that I just found a new shop today. Which at a bunch of stuff in stock that I was surprised I never knew about. Anyway they did have a staccato p2 I finally got to get my hands on. Balance was amazing. Balance and feel we're just really good for me and I short stubby fingers. Definitely going to pull the trigger on it. I would have came home with it if I didn't just drop 2K on a scope. I mean wife may not notice? Or I could tell her that the scope cost 5k? There's got to be a way I can bring it home and not have it used on me lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of his issues was using incorrect mags. Notice the mag in that segment where he had the failure?

GI responded to his video.

Link to GI response
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One of his issues was using incorrect mags. Notice the mag in that segment where he had the failure?

Link to GI response
View Quote

Damn, has HO looking bad. All the comments don't take too kindly to HO.

You figure if they sell a 5k pistol they could get it to feed correctly. Which I could hold one. That Wilson someone suggested in the first few comments didn't fit my hands at all. Had to break my grip waaaaay far out to hit slide lock. And didn't have enough room in the pinky area.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link to GI response
View Quote

Quoted:

Damn, has HO looking bad. All the comments don't take too kindly to HO.

You figure if they sell a 5k pistol they could get it to feed correctly. Which I could hold one. That Wilson someone suggested in the first few comments didn't fit my hands at all. Had to break my grip waaaaay far out to hit slide lock. And didn't have enough room in the pinky area.
View Quote

Thanks for pointing out to the GI reply. I myself had GI on my list of guns to collect but after the honest outlaw review, I was thinking not worth spending that much on a gun that's unreliable. This clarifies it. Also, I never thought about HO not reaching out to GI with this issue for their comment on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top