Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 12:15:17 PM EDT
guys I keep having the problem of the rings sliding towards the front with shot after shot.  After about a dozen shots, the front ring is coming off the edge towards the front of the mount.  The ring mount screws are as tight as humanly possible.  Am I missing something?   and why did they design the mount with the .22lr size base?

-mark
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not have that problem with mine, Mark. I bought a fairly cheap set of European sized rings that were measured in millimeters. It is a hair off from the 3/8 size .22 rings. I just moved and most of my stuff is in storage or I would try to find the receipt and let you know which ones. I think they are 11mm.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, it sounds like you may have rings that do not clamp properly. If you don't want to replace your rings you can install a recoil stop. See pic. It's the allean head bolt sticking up.

There's also a thread about this issue over on Swissrifles.com. Took me a while to find it.

p083.ezboard.com/ftheswissriflesdotcommessageboardfrm8.showMessage?topicID=3415.topic

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys, thanks for the feedback, it does look like I'll need to find rings that won't slip, any links or directions will be appreciated, thanks.

And I'm reading the thread on swissrifles.com as I write this, thanks pth for finding it.

-mark
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a quick question. sorry if it's off topic.....
Now that I finally have my own K31 on it's way, and having crappy eyesight like I do, I kind of like this option. But does the scope being off set to one side like that give anyone any problems with getting zero ? Looks like a long way to adjust over.
I'll check out that thread as well but I just wondered what sizes/types of scopes you guys used on yours ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just a quick question. sorry if it's off topic.....
Now that I finally have my own K31 on it's way, and having crappy eyesight like I do, I kind of like this option. But does the scope being off set to one side like that give anyone any problems with getting zero ? Looks like a long way to adjust over.
I'll check out that thread as well but I just wondered what sizes/types of scopes you guys used on yours ?

You can zero windage and elevation of the scope at a given distance so the POI is the POA. Or, since the offset is only something like .75" (3/4 of an inch), you just zero the elevation for your preferred distance and the windage to .75" at all distances (as some do).
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top