Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 6:53:21 PM EDT
I have been saving for awhile and am wondering what should be the best purchase. Which is more accurate? I have heard stories but would like real life experience.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
AR10's are less likely to have bedding problems and are more accurate on my opinion.  Not to mention, AR10's can be fully floated with any number of options and configs.  

I'd go for the AR10 first and maybe get an M1A down the road.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Standard M1A and a Eagle Arms AR10, they both shoot ½ inch groupings @100 yards. I have been very happy with both of them.

GIB
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I strongly vote for the M1A for several reasons:

1) mags don't need to be modified to work, just load 'em & use 'em!!

2) spare parts for the M1A are a lot more widespread than the AR10.

3) for me the M1A balances better than the AR10.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
my vote is for the Ar-10,
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I would definitely reccomend the AR10 as the first purchase.  Especially if its a "one or the other" decision.  Here is why:

VERSATILITY!  Just like the AR15, you can have many weapons in one for less $$.  My particular example was originally an AR10A4 - $1400, followed by the addition of an AR10A2 carbine upper - $700.

Either way, they are both fine weapons and you will be happy with either.  (I too want an M1A but I am happy went with the 10 first)
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]
AR-10 flattop - accurate and far more options to hang-on, clamp-on, mount-on and tie-on.

And you need everyone that you can afford  !!!
(Just ask me.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top