Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 11:30:44 AM EDT
Four or five months after ordering, seven weeks after receiving and email from the CMP saying it wasn't coming, five weeks after charging my Visa card ($450 plus shipping), Fed-ex delivered my high number (double heat treated) Springfield Armory (the real one) M1903 Mark 1 (with the ejection port lowered).

I haven't begun peeling back the grease that the thing came packed in but have checked out all the moving parts and it seems to be a complete rifle in good shape for being 75 years old there about.

The wooden stock is in really rough shape and looks like the buttstock was used to pound in more than a few tent stakes. The trigger feels nice and smooth even though all the grease. The sights are in tack and in working order. The bolt is smooth as silk and is one of the bent double heat treated ones so this is a shooter. The screws that hold the trigger assembly in have seen better days and show the typicall wrong size screwdriver abuse on them.

I'll have to get around to cleaning the rifle some time this weekend and post some pictures.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Paul,  once you get it nice and cleaned up, you can ship it on to me, OK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top