Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/23/2003 7:24:31 AM EDT
I've got a Springfield Armory FAL reciever stashed away I need some advice on. Its stamped SAR 4800 Match and has the Springfield emblem stamped on the right side.

I guess I'm asking if this reciever is a pre-94 AWB item? Can I build any metric parts kit on it? or do I need the needed US parts to make it AWB compliant.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:43:11 AM EDT
Post 1989 imported rifles, like the Springfield Armory FAL's (SAR-4800) and G-3 clones (SAR-3) are not like US made rifles, such as the AR-15. You cannot put them into a configuration that would not be importable after 1990.

You must put the appropriate # of US made parts on the SAR-4800 receiver and be 94 Ban compliant.

You can use any metric kit to build up your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:44:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MPi-K:
I've got a Springfield Armory FAL reciever stashed away I need some advice on. Its stamped SAR 4800 Match and has the Springfield emblem stamped on the right side.

I guess I'm asking if this reciever is a pre-94 AWB item? Can I build any metric parts kit on it? or do I need the needed US parts to make it AWB compliant.

The importation law has nothing to do with the import ban. I believe most of the Springfield receivers are Imbels so then in fact the 89 law would apply. If it were an entire evil rifle prior to 94 you can put as many evil features on it as you like but again if it is an imported Imbel marked Springfield, gotta have the 7 parts big daddy Bush forced on us.
Thanks

Top Top