Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 8:27:38 PM EDT
I was looking at these on thier websight and they look to be pretty cool pistols. I was at a local shop today and they had one in 9mm.

It has a good feel to it and it seems to be well made. Has anyone bought or shot one of these?

I was thinking about buying one in 40 cal. but I haven't heard anything about these guns.

How do they shoot? Are they easy to take apart and maintain? Do they seem like a rugged made pistol?

I would really like some info on how these guns feel and function.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. Shoots great! Very easy to disassemble and claen. I've shot 1000s of rounds through mine and had no problems.

Aviator  
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Got to be my favorite pistol. The reasons as follows. 1.Functions very well. 2. Easy to clean. 3. High cap mags are easy to make and are legal (9MM).4. The price is right.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an XD40. Loved it. Great gun. Had to pay some bills for my upcoming house construction, so I had to sell it. Will be getting a new one within the next week or so. Great gun and the price cant be beat. The Longslide models and od framed models will be available this month. Standard rail on it so there are plenty of lights etc available for it. Sight dovetails are cut the same as Sig's so any Sig night sights etc will fit, lots of choices available. Extra mags are only $27 from Springfield, instead of the $40-$50 tag of other brands.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at one in a gunstore the other day that I came real close to buying.
The trigger was great. The pistol felt good in my hands and pointed naturally.
If had the extra money it definitely would have gone home with me. Maybe next month.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will get one. Bob Pope is having a gunshow in Smyrna the 22nd and 23rd of this month and I'll try and pick one up there.

I saw some pics of the OD green pistols and I think they look slick. I'd like one in 40 cal.

I haven't seen any pics of the long slide models, I'll have to check those out before I buy one.

Thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the longslide model.

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are interested in the XD9 and/or XD40, check out the site dedicated to these fine pistols, and their equally excellent predecessor, the HS2000:

http://www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

The group there are very knowledgeable and will help you all you want.  I suggest using the site's SEARCH feature; you'll have hours of reading.

I've had three of the HS2000 9mms, and ended up selling them to friends who fell head over heels for the weapon.  It was one of the most accurate handguns I've ever fired.  Many people compare it to a Glock; it is similar in some respects but far different.  The only issue was a batch of substandard extractors in some HS2000s that Springfield is replacing.  

Noah
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Nighthawk, depends on where you are in TN but if I were you I would check around, get your best price and then call Youngs Guns in Cookeville. 931-372-7640. Go to Gunbroker and do a search by dealer and type in youngsguns. I think you will be happy, I have been. To many times!!! I thought Bob Pope was at the I 24 Expo. Guess I better check before I go,uh.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I like them, I just wish I'd bought one when you could get them from HS for $250.  he
You can also get hi-cap mags for these by slightly modifying Beretta 92 hi-caps, which are still not that expensive.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Full-clip, thanks (blush), have you been in the store?  

The webmaster of young's guns.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an HS2000 in 9mm and it is the only firearm that I own that has never malfunctioned. It shoots great too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
TNRoin, you got to be kidding, have I been in the store? Ask Steve or Benton who AR15 John is.
Haven't been in lately since work got in the way
but sounds like I will their next week to pick up my LEGP. We got to know each other just these AR15 handles might confuse us.See you soon
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Call me dumb, but I don't own any handguns yet... (only 20)

Whats the bennifit of a longslide vs the short slide?

-Jared
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
More velocity, longer sight radius, better balance. Just to name a few. Nothing wrong with a standard, the longslide just offers more of a good thing. I plan on one of each.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the grip safety is a good feature over the glock.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, hell John, now I have to go back to all my other posts and make sure I haven't said anything you can poke fun at me about in front of the guys.  Let me know when you are going to get the LEGP. I'm scheduled to work Thurs-Sat.  If I'm there we can take some pics of the thing for posting here.  Cya.  My email is listed if you need to get a hold of me.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I got one when they were HS2000s.

Prettu good guns if you like polymer pistols.  I don't, but my uncle does, so he has it now.  There was nothing wrong with the gun. I got a CZ-75 to replace it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top