Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:45:14 AM EST
Can I use the same suppressor with both the Walther P22 and my Spikes .22LR dedicated upper? If yes, any recommendations? If no, what do you recommend for each?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:45:47 AM EST
Yes, but depends on how long the thread's are on the Spike's Tactical upper too. If they are .6" long, you may need a .2" long spacer.

A lot of the .22 suppressors thread's are .4" long. Normally, AR barrel threads are .6" long, you may touch the blast baffle when suppressor is screwed on. I know the SWR Spectre thread's are .6" long, so there is no problem with running that Suppressor on a .22 conv. AR barrel.

I'd also recommend getting a Stainless "take apart" can that you can clean yourself. Running a .22 AR, you'll put a lot of rounds thru it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:15:26 AM EST
thanks

I was looking at the YHM Mite. It's a "take apart" can also. If I understand you I can use that can on both, but will need a .2" long spacer for the spikes upper???
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:24:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By motoMattRoy:
thanks

I was looking at the YHM Mite. It's a "take apart" can also. If I understand you I can use that can on both, but will need a .2" long spacer for the spikes upper???

Mite is fine for both. You have to measure the threads on the Spike's upper. I don't know how long they make them. Under 1/2" (.4") your good to go, over 1/2" (.6") you might need a spacer.
Ask how long the threads on the Mite are too, I don't have one of those.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:53:18 AM EST
thanks for the info. very helpful.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:51:14 PM EST
I use a wraith on both the P22 and a Spikes upper. I have a QD on each and no spacer is needed. The QD (at lesat for the wraith) is good to go @ .625, and anything shorter is fine, so long as the shoulder of the barrel is square to the bore to give the QD a square stopping point.

~Dan
Top Top