Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:44:44 PM EDT
Sent my wife for some CCI Green Tag-figured my Remington 581 shoots well enough to give a box of match stuff a try. The 581 outshoots my 10/22T by far.
Anyone tried the ammo? Also, I have the VQ stabilization module on my 10/22(add-on, not permanent to the barrel). Anyone else use one, and does it actually make a difference? I wanted it just to have as one more accessory as for any accuracy effects, but accuracy improvement is always a plus. Just wondering if anyone has any "real" experience(comparison with/without) with the attachment.
The price of Federal 550 bulk pack for 100 rounds. Ouch!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 10/22 and a old marlin 60, federal bulk will almost always outshoot the green tag. I don't know why?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Green Tag is good stuff but unless you are shooting a Match it really isn't worth the $. Also it is more the GUN that decides what ammo it likes than the ammo box label. Try some cheap ammo you may be surprised.

Most Bullseye shooters don't even use Green Tag  because the regular CCI Standard velocity is essentially the same ammo for a 1/2-3/4 the price. Green tag is just lots picked from Standard Velocity production that meets a slightly higher standard of Velocity and accuracy standards.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Green Tag is good stuff but unless you are shooting a Match it really isn't worth the $. Also it is more the GUN that decides what ammo it likes than the ammo box label. Try some cheap ammo you may be surprised.

Most Bullseye shooters don't even use Green Tag  because the regular CCI Standard velocity is essentially the same ammo for a 1/2-3/4 the price. Green tag is just lots picked from Standard Velocity production that meets a slightly higher standard of Velocity and accuracy standards.

I'll remember that-I'd read some good reviews on green Tag but most were sales motivated. Figured the $15 was worth a try. As far as the comment regarding Federal bulk goes, my 581 shoots some beautiful groups with bulk, so I know how well that stuff can be-it also does great with Mini Mags. Weather permitting I'm going out to test them Tuesday or Wednesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top