Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 5:28:05 PM EDT
Well... I just bought a new sig 226, XD 40 service, and a ruger redhawk .454- so needles to say my gun budget for the year has been shot to hell.

I have $300 dollars all together left that I can spend will it get me a pump action with a 18" barrel doesnt matter if its pistol grip or regular stock. I want a tactical shotgun not one of the ones that you haft to hold a button to cock it every time doesnt matter what brand as long as its reliable if I order from an internet site my ffl charges me $100 dollars to order the ones from cdnn around $200 pushing it over my measly $300 dollars I have left. Im from texas I dont know if that makes a difference of availability or locations I can go to.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit pawn shops and and the used racks at gunshops for a used Rem 870 or Mossberg 500. You should be able to find MANY within your $300 budget. You can prolly find used Mossies at under $200. If you can't find an 18" barrel, just get any length plain (unribbed) barrel you can find and saw it off to 18.5". I'll bet you can find something suitable in the next 30 days if you look a bit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx for the help
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 3 NICE police trade in 870 Wingmasters for $150 each.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I got myself a brand new Rem 870 Express HD, with 18" barrel, synthetic furniture and mag extension, for $270 at Sportsmans Warehouse.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well... I just bought a new sig 226, XD 40 service, and a ruger redhawk .454- so needles to say my gun budget for the year has been shot to hell.

I have $300 dollars all together left that I can spend will it get me a pump action with a 18" barrel doesnt matter if its pistol grip or regular stock. I want a tactical shotgun not one of the ones that you haft to hold a button to cock it every time doesnt matter what brand as long as its reliable if I order from an internet site my ffl charges me $100 dollars to order the ones from cdnn around $200 pushing it over my measly $300 dollars I have left. Im from texas I dont know if that makes a difference of availability or locations I can go to.

Have you ever handled a pump action shotty? They All function that way, until you pull the trigger, then you can pump it without pushing the bolt release.

Wal-mart had a Rem 870, for $199 last week, it had the long barrel, but I've cut many a vent rib barrel back to 18" in my day.
I think another regional discount store in my area sells Massys for $199 all the time, any configuration.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a different FFL.  It shouldn't be too hard to find one who'll do the transfer for $20, or order it for you for cost + 10%.  A hundred bucks is absurd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get a Benelli Nova new for $300...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
not one of the ones that you haft to hold a button to cock it every time

Have you ever handled a pump action shotty? They All function that way, until you pull the trigger, then you can pump it without pushing the bolt release.

+1
What in the hell are you talking about?  
$300 is actually pretty easy to do...  All of the above are viable options but I would go the route of a used 870.  Finally, $100 for an FFL transfer is insane, have you ever even tried to find a different dealer?  Shouldn't be over $75 ANYWHERE!!!  California is the worst that I have ever heard of but $100 and in the gun loving state of Texas, no less? C'mon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Find a different FFL.  It shouldn't be too hard to find one who'll do the transfer for $20, or order it for you for cost + 10%.  A hundred bucks is absurd.

+1  He's ass-raping you with no vasoline.  Mine charges me $20.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ditto

$100 is insane
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my mossy for 125 and 20 dollar transfer.

seriously 300 dollar budget is almost too much.  You can find something much less expensive.  buy one for 150 and but 150 dollars worth of ammo  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Get a Remington 870HD with 18in. barrel and extended magazine. I am sure you can get it for your budget.

Later on add a Knoxx SpecOps stock. Has a pistol grip and adjustable M4-like stock. Reduces felt recoil by 90%. You can get on target faster.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I also picked up a 870 Express for about $300 out the door. Greatest value going for a serious .12 guage.  Get an 870 and if you find yourself with any extra cash add what you want to it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:00:31 AM EDT
[#14]
You do realize that you don't have to "push that button" when actually firing the weapon?  It just prevents you from opening the action before pulling the trigger (firing out of battery).  I bought my Mossberg 8-shot Persuader for $195 new.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:12:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm with you. I've spent my buget this year on a new AR and XD45acp. I still want a shotgun. I'm thinking of a Mossberg Cruiser 12 GA 20" 8 shot  with pistol grip. I plan on adding the Knoxx stock later. I have seen them for a about $285 localy but I think you can order one online for about $250 try

http://www.impactguns.com/store/mossberg.html

They have a 20" that comes with a pistol grip and regular stock for $249+20 for shipping. My ffl charges $25
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]

You do realize that you don't have to "push that button" when actually firing the weapon? It just prevents you from opening the action before pulling the trigger (firing out of battery).

yes, Ived owned several in the past, and a few of the ones I was given I was told they were "hunting" shotguns which is why even after firing you had to push a button to cock the the gun even after you had fired It( I dont rember the brand names but my grandpa had given them to me to practice with along time ago), the only ones I have actually bought where Mossbergs so I wasnt sure if this operation was a normal thing. Also on the subject of $100 dollars for a transfer, they charge 10% to buy it new, But I had walked in the other day with a printed page out of cdnns catalog the pistol was $225 so I asked how much extra it would be with tax and she says "oh we add $100 dollars to all firearm orders from CDNN then tax" so needless to say I have never ordered anything from cdnn.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
if I order from an internet site my ffl charges me $100 dollars to order the ones from cdnn around $200 pushing it over my measly $300 dollars I have left. Im from texas I dont know if that makes a difference of availability or locations I can go to.

Where in Texas? We can help you find a better FFL.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Near corpus christi, the choices around here are pretty limited unless i take a 2 hour trip to san antonio.

My current FFL has been the best one ive found so far. Only thing is his setup is mainly a custom order and gunsmithing which is kinda part of the problem but if you dont order through a regular vendor it costs more for example the cdnn and gunsamerica sites.

They have a shop Called Kodiak guns he sales used guns for new prices 75 percent of the guns I pick up and look at are beyond descent condition. Another shop is a class 2 dealer all of his stuff goes for premium prices and the only thing he orders is mags and silencers.

The other 2 even worth mentioning, with the same name but are owned by 2 diferent people and they both have ranges there called sharpshooter and The sharpshooter. The sharpshooter has nothing but 1911's in the 1,000 and up range and he carries expensive bolt actions I ordered something custom from him and it took a month for something that was in stock were he ordered it from I went back every 2 weeks and everytime I went back he got more disgusted.

The only other one I would ever go to Is called The texas gun shop it has a wide selction of rifles but..the handgun selection is pretty rediculous and he doesnt carry any used firearms to my knowledge. Other than that there is academy but the last time I walked in there and bought 2,000 rounds of ammo I was treated like a criminal the girl at the checkout called her supervisor over to see if it as ok for me to buy so much ammunition at once and the guys in the back seemed like they got all there gun info out of gun rags with the line of bs they were feeding me and I went looking for some buckshot asked one of the guys where it was and from around the corner I hear that guys probably going to pull a robbery.

So needless to say Ive found the only descent FFL dealer around here, so ill probably haft to go to san antonio one of these weekends and look for a used pump since the used prices come alot closer to what I got.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Near corpus christi, the choices around here are pretty limited unless i take a 2 hour trip to san antonio.

Aha. Well, if you ever travel to central Texas, I can recommend someone, but I don't have any contacts near Corpus. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Go to the Shotgun New website and do an FFL search... It should bring up lots of FFL's near you.  Then, you could order something from CDNN and pay the $20 fee.  We are telling you man, you are getting raped.  NO ONE PAYS THAT MUCH.  The dealer that you like (God knows why?) is just pissed because you are getting a great deal that he can't match, so he jacks up the fee.  Many dealers hate CDNN because they can't beat their prices.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Ask and ye shall receive...  And it only took 37 seconds exactly.
Here you go:

Grenadier Enterprises
4541 Everhart Rd Suite 3
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
361-225-4020
$20

Now please, please pay this poor guy $20 and get new pump gun!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#23]
You can get a used 870 Wingmaster on GunBroker for well under $200 if you shop around. The last beater I bought still workes great and was $140 to my FFL.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Old-Painless posted in GD that The Academy is selling the Mossberg/Maverick 88 for $136.00 if you want something REALLY cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top