Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
I just recieved and mounted a speedfeed sport stock on my 870 and it is a big step up from the remington synthetic stock. To start with the stock is 2 - 3 times thicker and alot sturdier than the factory remington stock,sounds like solid wood when hit and not that hollow sound. The forearm is also much more sturdier and there is no way to get it on a little crooked like a remington because the action bars have a slot that they fit into. The fit and finish is actually better than the stock remington stock and it looks like it is factory, and the checkering is so much more deep and smoother looking. I am going to put a speedfeed on my other 870 I like this one so much, just wish I had known why these are so popular sooner.

Nows heres the question , they only thing I hate about the stock is stupid gold letters on the grip cap with the speedfeed logo, has anyone figured a way to remove them and then refinish? BTW for those who have not seen them the lettering is about 1/8 inch deep with a solid clear epoxy finish covering the grip cap so it don't just scrape off.:(

http://www.speedfeedinc.com/?location=products
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
um, mine doesn't have any gold letters on my recoil pad. It says speedfeed but is embossed in the regular black rubber. I sure do love my speedfeed IV-s. makes the shotgun point much better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not on the recoil pad they are on the cap at the bottom of the grip (grip cap). And they are ugly they make the gun look like it is owned by a guy with the initials SF. lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
For anyone intrested or want to remove the gold lettering buy some novus scratch remover for fourwheeler plastic and keep rubbing and rubbing with the novus on a terry cloth while applying more every few seconds. The results are no more lettering and a nice grip cap with no sand marks a nice mirror finish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
KRYLON
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't like paint on my guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top