Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 6:29:04 PM EDT by FastSS]
So I'm building this 870 (see shotty section) and I decided to try a specter sling. I normally just use wallyworld slings but I figured since the shotgun was going to be all tactical, the sling might as well be too.

~$30 got me the sling, which came with the front sling mount adapter from brownells

After about 20 minutes of messing with it and getting it set right I must say that I am really impressed, so much so that I'm probably going to get at least one more, maybe two

I'm also building an AR with a railed forend and I think the specter sling is the first thing on it. Even before the lights, laser and verticle grip

I'm so happy with it I'm almost giddy, I cant believe that hauling around an 870 is even slightly comfortable.

Weapon presentation from Off side carry is lightning fast and the ability to comfortably do military patrol ready, shoulder and fire the weapon and sweep it back behind you to draw your sidearm is fluid and spot-on

In fact, its probably the best $30 I have ever spent on a firearm, ever.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
I have a spectre sling on my 870 as well and agree they are a great investment. Mine has the six shell holder on it.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:45:36 PM EDT
i might have a look at adding a shell holder to the stock... havnt decided, need to shoot it first to see if adding shells over there might get in the way of anything

likely not but I want to make sure, if I dont think I like it, I'll add the cost to the eotech fund for my AR =D
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 6:54:16 PM EDT by hanibal]
Unless you shoot left handed, you won't even notice it.

The hogue stockset is another great $30 investment as well, especially on the forend.

EDIT: gramer
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:30:38 AM EDT
yup next order I make from someone who stocks specter gear is going to include one of those

I think I might stick a couple less leathal rounds in it just for giggles
Top Top