Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 3:54:59 PM EDT
I saw one of these online today. Have any of you guys had any experience with these? They look good. How about in the Detroit area? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest looking in the trash can, that's really the only proper place to find one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the correct answer. Find it in a trash can. Stay fary and away from it. Toadie's products is not appreicated any where on the net.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no expert, and I admit having been pretty excited the first time I saw one, but I've heard so much bad stuff about these things (and the guy in charge of the company) that I think you should save up 4-5 grand and get a real HK.

Perhaps others on this board can expound on why these things (and their current owner) are such a POS?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
And their service sucks beyond description.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
See what I mean?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd suggest looking in the trash can, that's really the only proper place to find one.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You could get a SW-5 (9mm) built by Investment grade firearms investmentgradefirearms.com/SW5forsale.htm
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to get a quality .45 carbine and have it H&K at the same time, why don't you get the USC. Even though it only has 10 round magazines, you can get one of the kits that allow it to accept unmodified Grease Gun magazines.

Right now Cavalry Arms is developing a kit to convert the gun. There are also some other kits on the market, but I think they are made by SW
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Beyond the trash can, try looking at the butt of a joke.

Get an H&K.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Todd @ Ohio Rapid Fire has/had maybe 4 on display a few months ago. Call him, I think he was asking close to $1500, I may be wrong, but give it aa try.
www.ohiorapidfire.com
He is just off I-75 at exit #74, maybe 3? hr from Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll sell you mine.  No complaints on mine.  Only ran 300 rounds through it.  The grass is greener on the other side that's all(read M16).  All fits tight and finish is nice.  Just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You are correct sir.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
S/S Firearms Fort Worth,Texas!  :)
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#14]
pighelmet,

double action, in madison heights (15 min north of detroit) has one in stock. i was in the store yesterday.

248 588 4488. talk to Al

make him let you test fire it before buying!! it's used, and they have a range.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You could get a SW-5 (9mm) built by Investment grade firearms investmentgradefirearms.com/SW5forsale.htm

Sounds like the best thing..... get a kit and have it built.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm curious about something... how many of you guys badmouthing SW have first hand experience with them, or are you just parroting something you read or heard from someone else?

The question was: "Have any of you guys had any experience with these?"

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just curious that's all. No, I'm not writing a book, and I have no interest in buying any SW products. But I know how some people like to jump on a bandwagon sometimes, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#17]

"Have any of you guys had any experience with these?"

Nobody?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"Have any of you guys had any experience with these?"

Nobody?

I've gotten a couple things from Todd and to tell you the truth the guy was pretty friendly, answered a lot of my HK91 questions and steered me in the right direction.  The parts I got from him were in perfect condition as he described them and functioned flawlessly.  Here's my take on the SW thing:  People read this shit on the boards call him with a your not going to Fvck me attitude and of course he will as would I go on the defensive side of the conversation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#19]
They Suck
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#20]
My short SW story is a sad one. I looked at the SW-5 FS 9mm at the SHOT Show, got excited and wanted to buy one.

I tried for 1 1/2 months to BUY ONE from those guys (yes, I had the money and everything) and could not get them to decide if they had em in stock, didn't have em in stock, if my order would take 2 weeks or 8 weeks or if my weapon was even being made anymore. They just wouldn't tell me, I guess it was a secret.

Anyway, I took my money somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They Suck

And you have first hand experience????

What sucks, the SW45 pighelmet asked about, Special Weapons, Todd, or all of the above????

When did you ever handle a SW45? AFAIK, they were all built after the CA AW ban.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They Suck

And you have first hand experience????

What sucks, the SW45 pighelmet asked about, Special Weapons, Todd, or all of the above????

When did you ever handle a SW45? AFAIK, they were all built after the CA AW ban.

Good questions. Maybe dissipator16 can carve out a complete thought to address them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I have several of the 9mm models and have had no problems. Not a fan of the 45 calibre, so not really interested in THAT particular gun.

The SW5-PDW gets used with a FA carrier and a Higgins sear lower a good bit of the time. It eats S&B 115gr just as well as my buds MP5K.

I just ordered one of the new stamped 9mm FS models. I'll have a review of it on my site when it arrives.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Double Action is a good place to do Business. I have bought several guns from them. I was going to mention I saw a MP5 in there a few weeks ago I think it was going for $1500.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Actually, Short-Bus Special Weapons receivers really aren't too bad compared to the other myriad HK cloners.  Their workers are good.  They just have idiots for PR reps.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a SW5 built by Jayson at IGF and its been flawless.  The only mishap has been when the fake SD can came loose and my buddy kept shooting.  Blew the end of the can off.  

I have actually dealt with Wade (Todd's brother and Todd)  Wade answered a lot of questions and was nice.  Todd was as well, but my reciever took 2 more months then promised.

Lately they have gotten a lot better at customer service and there are actually compliments on HK91.com and HKPRO.com.

I have made my share of Toad jokes, but I think he has found religion!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you sure that's the same Toadie? The Toad that I experinced with was an arrogant SOB. I tried to order the SW3 back then and trying to the get some information. What a rude person! Tried shooting the SW5. I was not impress with the product. A high priced paperweight.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#28]
They did have a brunette hottie in their booth at the SHOT show though, doesn't that count for something....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top