Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 12:13:29 PM EDT
Hi, I'm new to HK 91 style rifles and clones.. So far I'm looking at a CETME copy made by Century Arms. I've heard a few good things other places, but have any of you had any experience with them? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, the HK is a copy of the CETME!

Second, I do not profess to ge a great authority on the subject but I bought my CETME a few months ago and have put @600 rounds through it with NO problems.  Some people have had problems.....bad ones!  It is a crap shoot but we have to remember, we are dealing with a non milspec receiver built out with USED parts.  For $300 some guys are looking for an awful lot.  I say buy it!  Besides, a .308 battle rifle is a LOT of fun!

Here is a link that will help you, it sure did help me.

www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30&SID=309140

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rick! I did some reading and from the looks of it, alot of the receivers are coming closer to the G3's mil-spec design. Espically the new Century receuevers. Problem is, most of the other parts are used, etheir lightly or heavily.. Coming right back to what you said about crap shoots, and how you cant ask for alot for hardly anything. :)

Right now, my next purchase is etheir a Cetme or a closer copy of the 91 itself. My eyes are leaning more towards a closer 91 copy since the wide handguard from the 91 is eiser to put on, but my wallet is leaning more towards the CETME, which can be modded to take these guards. Hopefully this weekend I wont bust my wallet on goodies for my m4-gery at the show! =D
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Well  . . . here's my 2 cents:

Got two CETMEs  ! !  Both needed to be "tweaked" a little bit, but with over 350 rounds thru each one of them, only one small problem:  new "parked" CETME mag held-up the second round from the mag, but just once.  A little sanding to the mag lips, and never any more problems.  One rifle likes the H-K mag better, but mags are cheap.  

Now CETMEs ain't no FAL, but for $300 they are a reliable and fun rifle to shoot.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top