Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:52:51 PM EDT
I purchased my PTR-91 a while back and just took it to the range, but the trip wasn't as enjoyable as I would have hoped due to the fact that my rifle wouldn't eject a single casing!
I was using Remington Core-Lokt 180 grain ammo. Has anyone else had problems with this ammo? Is the PTR-91 picky about ammo, or should I talk to JLD Inc. about the problem?

On a second note, I am having a lot of trouble getting the bolt back onto the bolt carrier. Are there any tricks to make this process easier?

Thanks,
JZ
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:23:35 PM EDT
Bolt face needs to be all the way fwd, off of the locking piece to put carrier pack in. Read the instuction manual if that doesnt make sense.

Find some good surplus 7.62 nato to feed her, factory ammo has thinner cases and is HOT. Had problems w/ win white box 147gr fmjs in my century, feed it some 144gr arg stuff and it works perfect. Tried the same stuff in my new ptr and it worked flawless also.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:35:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JZ556:
I purchased my PTR-91 a while back and just took it to the range, but the trip wasn't as enjoyable as I would have hoped due to the fact that my rifle wouldn't eject a single casing!
I was using Remington Core-Lokt 180 grain ammo. Has anyone else had problems with this ammo? Is the PTR-91 picky about ammo, or should I talk to JLD Inc. about the problem?

On a second note, I am having a lot of trouble getting the bolt back onto the bolt carrier. Are there any tricks to make this process easier?

Thanks,
JZ

Had the same problem. Look here. Once you get it the first time, it'll get easier.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:39:21 PM EDT
The problem with my bolt is that I depress the roller locks so that it comes forward (like the manual says), but then I can’t seem to get it to turn it clock-wise so that the bottom of the bolt is flush with the bottom of the carrier. I've done it before; it’s just really tough to rotate and was wondering if there were any tricks to it.

-JZ
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:50:49 PM EDT
turn harder once you get the bolt face fwd

take it apart and put it together a few more times to get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 9:30:38 PM EDT by cobrasks]
JLD recommends using surplus ammo for the wear in period.

The commercial ammo may be too hot for the first 100 rounds of break in .
You may need to thoroughly clean it every few rounds during that brake in.

After it's broken in ,it should run fine with that ammo.

Mine will eat any military or civy ammo I feed it.
If you still have problems after that ,or it's obvious
you will,
CALL JLD.
They WILL make it right,and fast.
Their reputation is important to them,they'll take care of you.
Top Top