I have made several sets of copies of my ATF form 7CR, revised May 2005, so I can do some practice runs filling out the form. Some areas that I am a bit confused are:
1. On section 6, where it asks Trade or Business Name, if any; should I put N/A there or leave it blank?
2. On section 9, where I give 'position and SSN' should I put 'owner' or 'individual', or 'collector' for position?
3. Also on section 9, where it askes for date of birth, must I spell out the month as in: Month,dd, yyyy. Or may I put it in the numerical format of mm/dd/yyyy?
4. On the name of the CLEO, do you need his FULL name? On the dept. website, it only lists his first name, last name and middle initial, may I put that, or should I only use his first and last name. Also do I include the title of 'Chief' before his first name or is that already assumed?
5. Should I mail the forms certified, or sig./delivery confirmation? Is it a good idea to hand deliver the CLEO copy to the PD receptionist or even to the CLEO himself? It is not far and it is a small department(~45 sworn officers) so it would not be a problem.