Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 1:19:28 PM EDT
First off, its now a-ok to have like a 32 round magazine right? (Not sure seeing its a pistol and not a AW).

Second, can any type of foregrip or handle be attached to the front legaly? What about a 16inch barrel?

Lastly anyone make .22 conversion kits for Glocks?

Sorry for the Nub question, I know jack about Glocks.  

Oh, forgot, and the stupidest question, are Glock 18's avalible to Civies?

Jack
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you are asking is legal, except that you can't get a Glock 18 unless there is a legally transferrable one (made before 1986) - and if so it will be expensive.  I have no idea where you are going to get a 16" barrel, but glockmeister.com has .22 conversion kits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First off, its now a-ok to have like a 32 round magazine right? (Not sure seeing its a pistol and not a AW).
The 32 rd mag was ALWAYS legal to own by Federal Law. The Ban only made mfgrs ship NIB guns with 10rd mags & required aftermarket mag owners to sell NIB mags after a certain date of mfg. Other than that, I think pistols were unaffected by the Ban.

Second, can any type of foregrip or handle be attached to the front legaly?
W/o attaching a stock to it as well? Maybe w/o the stock but a no-no with both.[red/]

What about a 16inch barrel?
I've never seen nor heard of such animal. I gues if you had $2K or so you have one made somewhere.

Oh, forgot, and the stupidest question, are Glock 18's avalible to Civies?
Horroundisly expensive, IF you can ever find one. I saw one shoot at Knob Creek once. Quite different, IMO.

Jack

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure, but wouldn't putting a forward grip on a glock, onto the light rail, make it an AOW?  Subject to NFA methinks...

Fellas?  What do you say??
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That is what I was wondering, but then there are Tec-9s and the like which might as well have a foregrip thanks to the barrel shroud and magazine, or the Mac-10 (Cobrey) with that cloth strap loop thing clipped to the front of it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a neet device on ebay. Its a clip that you put on your magazines, you then can clip the mag upside down on the front rail... a semi-legal foregrip.
$30 a pop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Note: I have nothing against them, its just this photo is so damn funny!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
So did we decide the foregrip is an AOW or what???
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top