Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta ask - what mags does she take?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Feels great. Well balanced and points very naturally
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
the F90/EF88 takes standard AUG mags (plus Magpul AUG mags)
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Atleast we have a date(ish)

Anything on the MBR?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the F90/EF88 takes standard AUG mags (plus Magpul AUG mags)
View Quote
I suspect it would ship with Magpuls.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Atleast we have a date(ish)

Anything on the MBR?
View Quote
I didn’t ask about the assault rifle from the Halo series.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I suspect it would ship with Magpuls.
View Quote
From my understandig it will.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It hurts my soul to see it wearing an A2 flash hider and not a proper AUG tulip fh
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It hurts my soul to see it wearing an A2 flash hider and not a proper AUG tulip fh
View Quote
Me too. It's probably one of the US made parts.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
From those pics it looks like it may accept the Corvus Defensio shell deflector. Anyone else see that? Maybe I just have sunscreen in my eye!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Any news on these things?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any news on these things?
View Quote
Last I heard they are still awaiting atf approval. Everything is ready to go but I believe there was a issue with them wanting to seralize the bolt. All of this is stuff I picked up on another forum so the validity is in question. Also there was a per-order at brownelles.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#14]
That was the last scuttlebutt I heard as well. They were planning to serialize the bolt carriers, but ATF was having trouble deciding which part would be the firearm. Probably some prevention for full auto conversions being discussed also. Normally there has to be a physical difference between a MG receiver and a Title I receiver.

ATF wasn't real specific on this matter with the FN FS2000. The receiver on the Tactical model is a different part than on the Standard optics model. I think you can combine parts from the two and make an unserialized firearm, but I've never played with a Standard to compare. They probably want to avoid something like that this time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Thinking about pre-ordering from Brownells.
Is black going to be the only color available?
Any other vendors have pre-orders?
This would be my first bullpup rifle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thinking about pre-ordering from Brownells.
Is black going to be the only color available?
Any other vendors have pre-orders?
This would be my first bullpup rifle.
View Quote
They have shown it in FDE but I haven’t seen s pre order show the fde yet. Still to my understanding stuck with the ATF so who knows when they will hit the market.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know if the version that takes AR-15 mags will be imported to the US?

I am not interested in the version that uses AUG mags. Will go with something else rather than add another mag type to the inventory.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  They were planning to serialize the bolt carriers, but ATF was having trouble deciding which part would be the firearm. Probably some prevention for full auto conversions being discussed also. Normally there has to be a physical difference between a MG receiver and a Title I receiver.

ATF wasn't real specific on this matter with the FN FS2000. The receiver on the Tactical model is a different part than on the Standard optics model. I think you can combine parts from the two and make an unserialized firearm, but I've never played with a Standard to compare. They probably want to avoid something like that this time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#19]
My gun stash/cache money envelope is getting anxious. I specifically set aside money for the Atrax/F90, and now I'm itching to spend.
Sure hope it gets through the red tape soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the version that takes AR-15 mags will be imported to the US?

I am not interested in the version that uses AUG mags. Will go with something else rather than add another mag type to the inventory.
View Quote
It takes the superior AUG mags, because that's what the Australian military uses
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe that's in the works if I remember reading that correctly from a TFB post. I'm not sure if it will have BHO device or if it will come neutered like the Steyr NATO model. Yes the AUG mag design is superior, but it's simply seen as niche by many in the US who have stacks of STANAG mags. I think it's one of the reasons why IWI has managed to corner much of the bullpup market..

Hopefully we get to see the F90 in the wild soon!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe that's in the works if I remember reading that correctly from a TFB post. I'm not sure if it will have BHO device or if it will come neutered like the Steyr NATO model. Yes the AUG mag design is superior, but it's simply seen as niche by many in the US who have stacks of STANAG mags. I think it's one of the reasons why IWI has managed to corner much of the bullpup market..

View Quote
IWI has the bullpup market due to marketing and volume, not mags.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who think the AUG mags are "superior" are laughable. They are bulkier and heavier than AR-15 mags and I have literally never had a mag related problem with an in spec AR mag in my 20 years of using them.

I have also never seen a head to head test of AUG mags vs. any other mag, so the claims of superiority are very creative wishful thinking from the go. I HAVE seen AUGs double feed and spit out rounds from their mags, which I have never seen an AR mag do (Orlites aside) so color me unimpressed.

Anyway, regardless, from a logistics standpoint, I am not adding AUG mags to the inventory even if they are the best mags on the planet, its just not worth it to me. Its not about the money, its about the added complications to the magazine inventory which I definitely don't need. My guns are tools, not toys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I HAVE seen AUGs double feed and spit out rounds from their mags, which I have never seen an AR mag do (Orlites aside) so color me unimpressed.
View Quote
Without trying to sound snide, you may just need to handle more AR mags. I've had a decent-looking USGI mag spit all ten loaded rounds out of itself and through the ejection port of an M16 with a locked-back bolt - and of course it happened seconds before the next stage of the Army marksmanship test began. Not saying it's common, or that a similar failure couldn't happen with an AUG, but USGI mags can and will develop plenty of their own issues.

The AUG mags being "better" than AR-style ones was probably very true prior to the rise of high-quality inexpensive polymer mags for the latter such as Magpul, Lancer, etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Without trying to sound snide, you may just need to handle more AR mags. I've had a decent-looking USGI mag spit all ten loaded rounds out of itself and through the ejection port of an M16 with a locked-back bolt - and of course it happened seconds before the next stage of the Army marksmanship test began...
View Quote
Talking in BCT? Where the magazines have literally been abused at levels not seen in a regular unit?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
People who think the AUG mags are "superior" are laughable. They are bulkier and heavier than AR-15 mags and I have literally never had a mag related problem with an in spec AR mag in my 20 years of using them.

I have also never seen a head to head test of AUG mags vs. any other mag, so the claims of superiority are very creative wishful thinking from the go. I HAVE seen AUGs double feed and spit out rounds from their mags, which I have never seen an AR mag do (Orlites aside) so color me unimpressed.

Anyway, regardless, from a logistics standpoint, I am not adding AUG mags to the inventory even if they are the best mags on the planet, its just not worth it to me. Its not about the money, its about the added complications to the magazine inventory which I definitely don't need. My guns are tools, not toys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laughable? That's a bit short sighted POV. The AUG mag has not gone through as many evolutions (if any) as the STANAG AR mag has to reliably work since its inception. Like you, I simply don't want to add another mag type in inventory. As for the other poster, yes IWI's marketing is superior to anything Steyr USA puts out, but mag compatibility does play a factor in some sales as evidence by some of the discussion here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Talking in BCT? Where the magazines have literally been abused at levels not seen in a regular unit?
View Quote
Sadly no. Green follower 30rd mag, annual qual, this was maybe 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The AUG had it's strong, reliable (not to mention transparent) polymer mags in the early 70's.  AR's didn't get ok'ish polymer mags until the 90's, with Orlite and Thermold, and it wasn't until Pmags that they reached rock solid performance.  The only issues that popped up over the decades was that the polymer could be weakened by strong chemicals like deet and that the top round could pop out if the mag was slammed in on an open bolt.  This was never really much of an issue until people used to slapping the bottom of the mag on an AR to make sure it was seated started doing the same thing on the AUG.  The AUG has a very positive mag catch that makes slamming in the mag unnecessary
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Laughable? That's a bit short sighted POV. The AUG mag has not gone through as many evolutions (if any) as the STANAG AR mag has to reliably work since its inception. Like you, I simply don't want to add another mag type in inventory. As for the other poster, yes IWI's marketing is superior to anything Steyr USA puts out, but mag compatibility does play a factor in some sales as evidence by some of the discussion here.
View Quote
The people bitching about mags were never going to buy it anyways and just want to justify it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The people bitching about mags were never going to buy it anyways and just want to justify it.
View Quote
Nothing like a vast, inaccurate generalization to remind a person they're on AR15.COM.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I've seen some guys like that complain about that same issue of not taking AR mags, even when they have 5 pistols in the same caliber that all use different mags.

I don't blame 'em if they are up to their necks in AR mags, but AUG mags are pretty fantastic and still hold up well and even outdo the majority of AR mags on the market.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've seen some guys like that complain about that same issue of not taking AR mags, even when they have 5 pistols in the same caliber that all use different mags.
View Quote
Right?

I have 5 rifles in the same caliber that all use different mags. It doesn't bother me (except that G36 PMAGs look a lot like standard PMAGs, so I had to segregate them more carefully).
I'm glad the F90 uses AUG mags. I'm up to my neck in AUG mags (since the 2013 RSR liquidation) and I can easily remember to stick AUG mags in things that look like AUGs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:  I've seen some guys like that complain about that same issue of not taking AR mags, even when they have 5 pistols in the same caliber that all use different mags.

I don't blame 'em if they are up to their necks in AR mags, but AUG mags are pretty fantastic and still hold up well and even outdo the majority of AR mags on the market
View Quote
I'm trying to standardize my magazines, rifle & pistol.  I have 2 pistols & a carbine that take 1911 mags, 4 guns that take Glock mags (now I just have to get them all into the same caliber), UniMags that will feed any of my AR rifle calibers, and am slowly collecting RamLine mags that will fit in AR-15s & 180s, & the Mini-14.  

I'm not going to spend $1K or more on a bullpup anyway, when I could build 3 ARs for that price, but if I had to have a .223 bullpup, I'd be looking for one that took standard mags.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#34]
I will also be waiting for the AR “export” version.

I have already dealt with AUG mags.  I did not feel  they are superior enough to double up on mags just because.  Had sig55x mags, circle 10 & beryl 556 mags too at the same time.  Having 4+ different kinds of mags for the same caliber just doesnt make sense in my eyes anymore especially when there is a possibility of all sharing a common mag.   It gets tiresome bringing a few really fles to the range with two mags for each - next thing you know you have a bag just of mags that you also have to carry around.

Also having a go to/bug out bags, vest & carriers just means the unique mag rifles will be left wherever.

And I am very looking forward to this rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#35]
OEM AUG mags are the best mags.

Where the hell is the ATRAX already!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]
One "feature" that hasn't gotten much attention is that it has a slimmed down mag release. The release has to be pushed further into the stock than before.  That means no more using a fresh magazine to depress the release for a faster reload
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That means no more using a fresh magazine to depress the release for a faster reload
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#38]
I suspect that the aftermarket could easily find a solution for that if it became an issue.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#39]
That MBR version looks incredible. I’ll probably upgrade from my A3 if/when it comes here.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Still waiting on the ATF???  I've been wanting one of these  

I'd preorder but I'd rather get a tan or FDE
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't even care anymore, I am sick of companies saying something will be available at some point in the future and get delayed over and over again. Until I see it in the flesh I am over it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't even care anymore, I am sick of companies saying something will be available at some point in the future and get delayed over and over again. Until I see it in the flesh I am over it.
View Quote
Most companies don't have unique issues like needing ATF approval on a uniquely serialized part.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree and think they should have waited for reveal but they didn’t take any money that I know so it’s less of an issue with them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’ve owned a DR200 and several different SK mags can’t say any have really inspired a lot of confidence. No word on who is making the barrel.... like I said I don’t have much interest in it at this point.
View Quote
I owned a DR200 several years ago. I sold due to lack of parts availability.
My sample size of one shot lights out and was ridiculously accurate.
Had parts for it been more available at the time, I'd have kept the gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Most companies don't have unique issues like needing ATF approval on a uniquely serialized part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, if this is the case they are hardly to blame for that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't hold your breath. Brownells is calling preorders to inform that it's possibly a year+ out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't hold your breath. Brownells is calling preorders to inform that it's possibly a year+ out.
View Quote
To be fair, they said "up to"
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe they can't find an ATF approved location on the gun to engrave the freaking serial #.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't believe they can't find an ATF approved location on the gun to engrave the freaking serial #.
View Quote
It's not them... it's the ATF.  That should answer why.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Who knows the real situation but a post on the BP forum about a call to brownells  said the following and again it could be complete BS, but if true then we might not see it for awhile and I wonder why the company would “change hands”

“Just received a call from Brownells and my pre-order.  The "company" apparently changed hands and the new ownership has no ETA.  Could be as long as a Year. “
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top