Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/12/2008 4:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2008 9:53:35 AM EDT by lonegunman]
I saw one today, loved it and brought it home.  My dealer gave me a deal,,70% off of  an RWS red dot(looks identical to my japanese Ultradot so I grabbed it).  Now all we need is some range time to see how it works.  The whole thing was 360 out the door, scope and all.  I have had a 10/22 since I was a kid,,love the thing.  What could be better than a 10/22 pistol?

It appears almost anything is better than a 10/22 pistol.

So I took my new pile of crap out to shoot and see what Ruger has managed with their new product.  In about 25 rounds the trigger group came apart and the gun ceased to fire.  I took the think apart and had to fiddle with all of the poor quality plastic crap parts to get them back together, add a little oil and they worked.  But they get creepy and quit working and have to be pushed back together every 30-40 rounds.

The range officer had bought one too.  He had to actually tighten the barrel screw about 3/4ths of a turn to get everything tightened up enough for it to hit anything.

Mine managed one inch at 25yds with CCI std vel, Eley Red Box and was about 1.5 inches with Remington high vel.  Accuracy was crap.  I am going to recheck the torque on everything, clean it again and try again in a week or so.

Honestly, it looks like the 8th graders in quality control do not do a very good job.  It is finished with a complete coating of black and the stock is fine.  The internals on the other hand are close to garbage from the looks of them.

If you were thinking about buying one, I would wait until the initial rush is over or they start drug testing their employees.  Until yesterday, I never saw a factory gun with a loose barrel.  A Ruger with a crappy trigger is of course pretty standard.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 5:32:10 PM EDT
I'm glad you like it...  I am having a really hard time accepting them.. I haven't shot one and probably never will unless someone lets me try thiers.. I hate the grip and think the barrel should've been shorter, and less of a forearm..

I'm not complaining though.. I work for Ruger so the more you buy the bigger the bonus I get!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 7:59:40 PM EDT
I thought if you worked for a gun company they gave you free guns every now and then?  You are killing the dream man,,haha.
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 8:25:50 PM EDT
yours did come with the bipod right?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 8:31:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By maccabbee:
yours did come with the bipod right?  

And case......

Big pic Link:

Link Posted: 4/14/2008 7:43:34 AM EDT
If someone comes up with a better stock, I may pick one up.

Those wooden abortions are so silly looking, it is just beyond words.

Link Posted: 4/14/2008 11:53:25 AM EDT
I would love to have one for the boat and snowmachine. Put a red dot on it and it would make a good companion for my 10/22 for closer shots.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:27:15 AM EDT
Comes with one mag, bipod and zippered case.  The stock looks a little odd but it is actually comfortable.  The red dot makes it quick to zap little critters.
Top Top