Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:41:27 PM EST
I'm gonna get some plates out of the GB here. I'm looking at the Eagle PC with cummerbund. The plates are 10x12. Do I get a vest to go underneath or do I get Soft armor? I see that plates can be installed on the sides of the PC. I've read a bunch and I'm still a bit . What say you? This will be for SHTF purposes. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:59:59 AM EST
You should definitely have soft armor behind your plates. There's 2 ways to go about this:

1) wear soft armor in a carrier underneath the Eagle PC, or

2) get soft armor panels designed specifically for the Eagle PC; this can be had from Steve @ Triad Tactical.

You're gtg either way. HTH
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:40:19 PM EST
So the soft armor will give the same coverage as a vest? What type of plates can be installed on the sides if the Eagle PC? I assume that 10x12 plates only cover your heart and partial lungs against rifle hits. Is there a system that will cover your entire chest area against rifle hits? I'm a fairly big guy(6'4" 250lbs) just looking for a few more inches.(that's what she said)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:24:12 PM EST
If by vest you mean a carrier that holds soft armor then the coverage would be the size of the (soft armor) panels themselves. I don't have side plates in mines but I'm assuming it'll hold 6x6 plates. If you want more coverage via plates then go ahead ang get L (10x13) or XL (11x14) plates.
Top Top