Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 10:41:27 PM EDT
I'm gonna get some plates out of the GB here. I'm looking at the Eagle PC with cummerbund. The plates are 10x12. Do I get a  vest to go underneath or do I get Soft armor? I see that plates can be installed on the sides of the PC. I've read a bunch and I'm still a bit . What say you? This will be for SHTF purposes. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You should definitely have soft armor behind your plates.   There's 2 ways to go about this:

1)  wear soft armor in a carrier underneath the Eagle PC, or

2)  get soft armor panels designed specifically for the Eagle PC; this can be had from Steve @ Triad Tactical.  

You're gtg either way.   HTH
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So the soft armor will give the same coverage as a vest? What type of plates can be installed on the sides if the Eagle PC? I assume that 10x12 plates only cover your heart and partial lungs against rifle hits. Is there a system that will cover your entire chest area against rifle hits? I'm a fairly big guy(6'4" 250lbs) just looking for a few more inches.(that's what she said)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If by vest you mean a carrier that holds soft armor then the coverage would be the size of the (soft armor) panels themselves.    I don't have side plates in mines but I'm assuming it'll hold 6x6 plates.   If you want more coverage via plates then go ahead ang get L (10x13) or  XL (11x14) plates.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top