Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2003 12:37:06 AM EDT
I just got a Headspacer Gauge , a field Gauge (i believe every AR owner should have one) It is supposedly a Colt Gauge but it didnt come with any instructions in the Packaging as to how to use it to check headspacing .
Does anybody knows how to use these things?

TIa, S-3
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#1]
how can you make the statement "i think everyone should have one" and then not even know how to use it?  

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
GO-GAUGE - used to determine adequate headspace. Chamber depth enough or oversized bolt.

NO-GO GAUGE - used to determine excess headspace. Chamber depth too much or undersized bolt.

FIELD GAUGE - used to determine overly excessive headspace due to chamber and bolt wear.

IIRC the bolt should not close on a field gauge
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
For a GO guage, it should sit in the chamber and the bolt should close.

NO-GO, bolt should NOT close. IIRC Field & NO-GO behave the same.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Since no one asked whether you have a .223, 5.56 or Match chamber...everyone is wrong (except inferno715 who said exactly the same thing I thought when I read this post).

Check out the Maint. Forum where they have this link tacked:  Headspacing
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Well Inferno, Sorry to have bothered you, Sorry i posted on your Board, i guess i'll just go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well Inferno, Sorry to have bothered you, Sorry i posted on your Board, i guess i'll just go elsewhere.

Great...........a pity party.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I agree that everyone should have them, or at least know someone who has them.

I don't have any, yet, but I will just bug DaBunny or Tweak for some headspace checking assistance when required. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top