Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 6:16:52 AM EDT
And I didn't realize it until I got home but I got the rifled barrel version.

Considering that I bought it primarily for 3 gun and possible HD duty on the side this isn't going to work. I'm going to call the dealer and ask if they'll let me swap barrels if they have a smooth bore in stock. If they don't I'm gonna have to buy one. So do I get another 22" w rifle sights and cantilever rail or go with a 24" VR and have a rear sight milled in later if need be? Both are about the same price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:41:02 PM EDT
You're probably not going to be surprised by this answer... I got both.

My SLP Mk1 came with the 22" barrel. The sight picture with the cantilever rail seemed too cluttered for me, so I ordered the 24" VR barrel. I feel faster with a VR barrel.

YMMV,
-Randy
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:19:40 PM EDT
I called them up and since I didn't fire it they let me switch out the whole gun.

I put a few slugs and some birdshot through it today. Man I like this gun!!!! Now for some mods, bolt handle, weld the lifter, bolt release etc
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:41:34 PM EDT
That is one fine gun store you have there. NO store that I know of would swap it out regardless of it being fired since it is pre-owned and registered. That is outstanding service. If I were you, I would drop off a six pack of beer as a thank you. They saved you over a hundred bucks for a new barrel.

Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
I called them up and since I didn't fire it they let me switch out the whole gun.

I put a few slugs and some birdshot through it today. Man I like this gun!!!! Now for some mods, bolt handle, weld the lifter, bolt release etc

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:00:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CovertChannels:
That is one fine gun store you have there. NO store that I know of would swap it out regardless of it being fired since it is pre-owned and registered. That is outstanding service. If I were you, I would drop off a six pack of beer as a thank you. They saved you over a hundred bucks for a new barrel.

Originally Posted By newguy2k3:

registered with who?
Top Top