Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2011 1:13:00 PM EDT
A couple months ago I bought myself a M&P 15/22 MOE version that came with the QD push button sling swivel / cup. I just got my wife a standard M&P 15/22 and would like to add the same style sling attachment points to her rifle. Any ideas on what brand S&W uses on these? Or a way to mount it? In looking at my rifle, it looks like the two cups ( ambi mount ) are set into the lower receiver and held together by a screw and nut. I have looked at a couple online sources and found the swivels and cups, but am not sure I could make it work with a screw and have the cup deep enough to fit the QD swivel in.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Did that make sense? I proof read my post and what typed as a simple thought sure read more complex than I had intended. Need more coffee......
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
thre are some mounts that will slip over the receiver extension and clamp in place. there's no end plate or castle nut so you need one that clamps.

that would avoid doing any mods to the receiver.

not quite what you asked about, but would perform the same function.

on mine, i got a Troy rail mount sling attachment point from AIM to mount a two point sling on the front end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top