Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 6:00:38 PM EDT
Smart gun technology will be perfected some day.  Probably in the next 10 to 15 years (my guess).  Will the next liberal President/government after this happens ban the manufacture (and/or even ownership) of any non-smart weapons?  Will the government have to ban or will corrupt liberal laywers do the job for them?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It makes no difference. A liberal government wants to ban ALL guns, no matter how smart of a technology a gun has.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
When the technology is perfected...

You will have a gunsmith in every town that learns to turn the damn thing off because it is a stupid idea.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
When it is perfected, I will still carry my old fashioned gun which is in "lethal" mode at all times.  If I ever get into a gunfight, I'll pull my old fashioned gun and they will pull their newfangled gun and we will see who is still standing in about 5 seconds.  Hopefully their fancy little electronic keypad/fingerprint scanner/magnetic gold ring will work and they will have a fighting chance.  Because when I pull the trigger on my old, outdated, archaic .38 snubbie, it doesn't rely on any of that crap to shoot someone dead.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really know why people are trying to make guns smart.  Try making people smart.  I gues these firearms are to protect children from accidents and gun owners from being disarmed by the bad guys.  All these ideas focus way too much on the weapon, and way too little on the people using them.  Little kids can activate the firearm with the ring.  I was six years old the first time I put my mother's stationwagon into drive and almost ran down my sister.  Criminals will beat this after buying their first few smartguns.  Look at the failure rate of various safeguards to stop car theft.  What will leos think when they find themselves limmited to five round magazines that make room for the computer chip and the armored cell that protects the fragile silicon brain?  I see rayguns becoming an issue way before an effective smartgun hits the streets.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Cant dumb guns sue for descrimination.
GG
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
there will be a "safety signal switch" that a LE officer can activate to disable them, much as with the remote ignition disablers (eg. "H.A.L.T.") being tested now. Then when THE BIG BAN occurs, a master switch will be thrown, & your now-fancy black, green, cammo, etc. paperweights will be safe for all different kinds of paper - even target paper!

'Aint it cool!

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Our biggest problem will be the teachers,soccer-moms,daddy dearest,people that turn the children against guns.  As they will eventually become the gun banners or owners of the future.  

Take your children to the lake or river to kill pop bottles and cans.  Maybe they will grandfather it in that only the old farts that have guns can keep them till they die,then their gun rights will die with them.

Much like opening doors for women,stepping out of the way for older people to pass or taking your hat off when a funeral goes by.  Or saying thank you just for no reason(as when you buy that coffee and a roll at Mc Dees and they give you your order and don't even say thanks come again).

So if we get real crude,lose all manners,no more thank you,yes mamn,no sir.   Then our children will learn all about manners,guns,and the world as it is, as the way it ought to be.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top