Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:33:43 PM EDT
Ive got my main gun safe in my "man cave" / third bedroom of my house where I keep my guns and important documents.  Lately I've found myself wanting a smaller floor style safe that I could bolt down in my master closet to keep other misc odds and ins.  I honestly don't know what I would keep in there, but for some odd reason I want one... (I'm single and can justify just about anything).

What are my options? Im talking maybe 24" x 24" or something like that, maybe a little bigger.  Ideally with an electronic keypad and it MUST be able to be bolted to the floor.

Price range would be below $500, ideally around $300

GO!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing?

All I keep seeing is Sentry Safes which don't really scream "protection" to me...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of Floor Safes in the market. I can't link you to the products we offer, but look at "in the Floor Safes". There is a wide range of sizes and security levels. There is also a wide array of small free-standing safes that will meet your needs with fire, burglary and both. Don't limit your search to Gunsafe brands, most of those companies sell a very limited line light-construction import models. Domestic safe makers that serve commercial and residential consumers thru traditional security dealers will offer a much broader selection.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would look at something like this:

http://thesafeplace.com/home-safes/csc1913
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What is under the floor, dirt, crawlspace, basement, you can get a really secure floor space, set in concrete properly on the cheap, it kind of depends on what is below your floor. At one time I was going to put one in and went a different way, IIRC, Amsec makes the Star? line, Hamilton safe offers them, I am sure others, it has been a few years since I looked. A C Rate set in concrete would offer some very good protection.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would look at something like this:

http://thesafeplace.com/home-safes/csc1913
View Quote

or this
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Apologies, I think I mislead you with how I worded this.  I am not looking for a safe that goes IN the floor, rather just a small free standing safe that I can bolt down to the floor. In my mind, I thought to call it a floor safe but now see how that is confusing.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
If you up your budget to the 800-1000 range, it'll be a step change in fire and burglary protection. More of a jewelry/cash safe vs a gun safe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you up your budget to the 800-1000 range, it'll be a step change in fire and burglary protection. More of a jewelry/cash safe vs a gun safe.
View Quote

this is actually what I was looking for it to be.  I have a large gun safe already, am wanting a smaller safe that can be more "hidden" that I can stash cash, gold and other misc items in.

guess my price range could be too low.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top