Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 3/8/2005 5:39:18 PM EST
I've been shooting the heck out of my new V93 and have been very pleased with it so far. Seems to be a good rifle and was much much cheaper than the real thing!

One thing I do notice is that the edges of the magazine well are getting dinged and starting to develop a slight burr from having a steel magazine inserted. Does the real HK91/93 show similar wear or is the SW/Vector receiver soft?

The dings are hard to see in these pictures but they're on the right and left sides where the paint is chipped off.

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:48:33 PM EST
Unfortunatly, Yes. My HK93 has worse dings than your Vector. We can thank the original engineer for that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:55:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By SBRIT007:
Unfortunatly, Yes. My HK93 has worse dings than your Vector. We can thank the original engineer for that.

Thanks! I'm glad to know that the clone shares the same problems as the original.

I'm not complaining. I didn't buy this thing to be a safe queen. I was just curious.

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:12:25 PM EST
No dings on my SW5, and have been using factory HK mags...FYI...

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:10:16 AM EST
its from the mags,, soft reciver metal,, the century guns do the same,, when ya slap the mag home,,
not much ya can do except make sure it dont get to bad by burrin over and havein the mag stick or not insert(i doubt it can get that bad)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:31:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By SBRIT007:

I forgot to ask you if your steel magazines rattle when in the gun. The aluminum ones are a little tighter and they don't rattle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:35:53 PM EST
In my first 93 they didn't, but my most recent A3 seems to loosly hold the 25's, but the 40's fit nice. I am going to try some of Vectors 30's to see if there is any difference.
Top Top