Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 8:50:42 PM EDT
This is kind of like the Sticky post above but what I'm wondering is, what's the difference between the Mossberg "Slugster" and a regular cylinder bore barrel?  Is it just that the slugster has rifle sights?
(The Slugster has no rifling, it is smoothbore).  Or is there something different about the internal gemoetry for a barrel that is intended to shoot rifled slugs vs an unchoked buckshot barrel?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just did some quick searching so someone pls correct me if I am in err. but most of the product listings from searching "mossberg slugster" turned up mostly shotguns with fully rifled barrels and a couple of smoothbores with rifle sights.

If your're looking at smoothbores, then I believe you are correct in thinking the only difference is rifle sights in lieu of a bead or ghostrings.

Rifled (foster) slugs are for smoothbores btw.  Only Sabots need/ benifit from fully rifled or rifle choked barrels.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
I'm just thinking out loud here-are there non-saboted, non-rifled shotgun slugs that could also benefit from a rifled barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top