Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2013 4:09:43 AM EDT
I searched slings, and couldn't find anything.  I have received a J. Bunting bullpup, and hopefully a week away from an SGW bullpup shipping.  I am not worried about slinging the Bunting pup, but the SGW will be used for pigs, and have it ready to go is obviously important.  I have ordered the rear sling attachment, have the rear side mount that a few are using, and then the front attachment.  Without having the stock and action together and hanging off me, I can't really tell you what I will like (slings are for carrying to and from in my family, and definitely no pups), so I was just looking for suggestions on slings, how to set them up, and where you like your gun to sit.  It will probably have a red dot or a 1-6 optic, and a VFG if that changes anything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The best quality sling I have found is the Vickers combat application.  One handed adjustment and real high quality. Vickers

Never had any professional training on a bullpup but I have had a little good experience using an AUG with a sling.  Thing is I like to run it opposite of how I sling a conventional rifle.  More like a purse.  Using the gun on my right shoulder but slung under my right arm and over my left shoulder.  Holding it up the high front sling mount lets it hang easily and is pretty steady if I need to use my left hand elsewhere.  I can also extend the sling and trap it with my left arm for long range stability.  Dropping it lets it hang pointing forward on my strong side.  I can easily snug it up and wear it like a back pack with the muzzle down.

Only real negative I have found is interference with a strong side sidearm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Urban Tactical 2-point sling on my MSAR.  Seems to work pretty well.

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a spec-ops single point sling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I use this sling on my MSAR: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/252462_Make_your_own_TAC_SLING_for_10_bucks___Pics_and_detailed_instructions_inside__56k_warning.html

It works well, but does sometimes block the charging handle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, the factory sling on my AUG is really hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Vickers padded VCAS from BlueForce Gear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Viking tactics 2 point sling with hk hooks so i can interchange the sling as necessary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a wilderness aug tactical sling. It dont cover the charging handle and its well made.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I know this sounds bad, but I can't remember what kind of sling is even on mine. It came with the gun when I bought it, and never have really paid much attention to it. I'll have to look and update this post. It's a single point, that has the attachments with it to make it a double point.

Very nice sling though. Love it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the AUG from Wilderness and I have the Vickers. I prefer- the Vickers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top