Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 7:09:30 AM EDT
Please offer up suggestions/pics of what is being used for 3-gun/tacticool/zombie intervention.  Just not up to date on what's available for the FALs sling-wise.  It will go on a 16.25 Argie, regular stock.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a Nylon sling from DSA for $20 i will let you know the quality when i recieve it
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I made up an Izzy hinge pin with a modified q.d. stud on the left side.
A Blackhawk single point attaches to it. It hangs pretty well but unless you are REALLY tall it's going to bang into your knees a lot.
It's on 16" barreled carbine with a full stock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Only two FAL shooters using slings!?

Thanks for the response, I have an old black military sling on it now.  Went ahead and orderd the Wilderness Giles sling sight unseen.  I have the Giles on a few rifles and have always like the sling.  I was hoping to see some feedback on the adjustable slings out there but nobody shared...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Only two FAL shooters using slings!?

Thanks for the response, I have an old black military sling on it now.  Went ahead and orderd the Wilderness Giles sling sight unseen.  I have the Giles on a few rifles and have always like the sling.  I was hoping to see some feedback on the adjustable slings out there but nobody shared...

Realistically I don't like the fact that actually slinging up with a standard rifle will significantly affect my POI vs unslung, it will be a few inches off when slung compared to unslung. Due to the fact the sling attachment is on the barrel. And I suspect this is also the reason militaries that issued the FAL didn't teach shooting with a sling. These days i just use a single point sling on mine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Use an ASP single point on my para tactical. It looks really tacticool with my 30rd mag in!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes complete sense (sling attachment on the barrel), Thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top