Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/30/2011 7:09:30 AM EDT
Please offer up suggestions/pics of what is being used for 3-gun/tacticool/zombie intervention. Just not up to date on what's available for the FALs sling-wise. It will go on a 16.25 Argie, regular stock.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:08:59 PM EDT
I just ordered a Nylon sling from DSA for $20 i will let you know the quality when i recieve it
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:15:29 PM EDT
I made up an Izzy hinge pin with a modified q.d. stud on the left side.
A Blackhawk single point attaches to it. It hangs pretty well but unless you are REALLY tall it's going to bang into your knees a lot.
It's on 16" barreled carbine with a full stock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:21:50 AM EDT
Only two FAL shooters using slings!?

Thanks for the response, I have an old black military sling on it now. Went ahead and orderd the Wilderness Giles sling sight unseen. I have the Giles on a few rifles and have always like the sling. I was hoping to see some feedback on the adjustable slings out there but nobody shared...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:35:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Away2:
Only two FAL shooters using slings!?

Thanks for the response, I have an old black military sling on it now. Went ahead and orderd the Wilderness Giles sling sight unseen. I have the Giles on a few rifles and have always like the sling. I was hoping to see some feedback on the adjustable slings out there but nobody shared...

Realistically I don't like the fact that actually slinging up with a standard rifle will significantly affect my POI vs unslung, it will be a few inches off when slung compared to unslung. Due to the fact the sling attachment is on the barrel. And I suspect this is also the reason militaries that issued the FAL didn't teach shooting with a sling. These days i just use a single point sling on mine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:30:54 PM EDT
Use an ASP single point on my para tactical. It looks really tacticool with my 30rd mag in!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:19:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 6:20:01 PM EDT by Away2]
Makes complete sense (sling attachment on the barrel), Thanks for the input.
Top Top