Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2008 7:32:40 AM EDT
If you had the choice between a refinished sistema (gun kote) with a new Kart drop in barrel, new springs, Wilson FLGR and new rose wood double diamond grips or a NIB stock RIA which would you choose? The Sistema is about $75. more than the RIA but it is forged compared to cast for the RIA. But then again the RIA is NIB and the Sistema is 50+ years old. Advise please. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Hands down the Sistema
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hands down the Sistema
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sistema. As long as the barrel was installed by someone who knows what they are doing then you should be good to go. There is no such thing as "drop in" 1911 barrel IMO.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I got the Sistema. Im happy with it. I put 200 rds thru it Sunday and didnt have a problem. It may be me but it feels heavier than my Springfield. Weird. But I like it. Its not original anymore but I still think its one hell of a gun. Not bad for 385 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never owned or shot a Sistema, but I used to own a RIA 1911.

Based on my experience...RIA is a a DO NOT WANT.  Big time.

ETA:  The first time shot the RIA, I went home bleeding with splinters of metal imbedded in my face.    

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA:  The first time shot the RIA, I went home bleeding with splinters of metal imbedded in my face.    

How did that happen?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought it from LCW.  It had been a Shot-Show demo model for Duracoat a few years back.

I took it back to LCW, and the gunsmith (Greg) fixed it.

As I recall, I think he told me that the metal was coming from the feed ramp.  It worked ok when I got it back.  I got rid of it anyway.

Accuracy was typical low-end 1911 (sub-par).

ETA:  It makes sense to me that the Sistema would be better since they are actual service pistols, but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I had one and liked it. I put a beavertail on it, plus changing out hammer/sear/disconnector. It shot really well. I sold it to my father in law and bought a Springfield Micro Compact. The full size was just too big for me to conceal without restricting my movement a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top