Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:28:41 AM EDT
I just purchased one, and prior to arrival I bought the 3 sided flash hider that goes on the brake adapter. But, it comes with a crush washer, and to time the flat to be on the bottom I threaded on the flash hider, till it stopped then manually tightened it till flat was on bottom of barrel. But, it doesnt seem tight enough. It is snug, but I can take if off fairly easily.
Has anyone have any experience with this mount system being an issue? Sig just says turn it till it is timed after initial contact with crush washer.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:27:03 PM EDT
Is the crush washer upside down?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:59:21 PM EDT
The flash hider does not need to be on very tight to stay on.  I would just crank it by hand and then take a wrench and tighten it  another turn.

When I bought my SIG suppressor I was worried about this also but the FH has not moved at all because the suppressor does not rest on the FH, only the mount.

The mount should be torqued to 25 pounds or with Rocksett.

Mark
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:47:26 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the crush washer upside down?
View Quote
Upside down, dont think so. Its shaped like a cone, and the top part of the cone faces forward towards flash hider.
I installed according to picture sent from a forum member.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:51:52 PM EDT
Quoted:
The flash hider does not need to be on very tight to stay on.  I would just crank it by hand and then take a wrench and tighten it  another turn.

When I bought my SIG suppressor I was worried about this also but the FH has not moved at all because the suppressor does not rest on the FH, only the mount.

The mount should be torqued to 25 pounds or with Rocksett.

Mark
View Quote
The mount is torqued properly with Rocksett , as I took it to my gunsmith. But, we didnt put the flash hider on, as it seemed loose when we did time it. It cant be turned anymore with wrench and be properly timed.
Maybe I should put two crush washers in there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:24:18 PM EDT
Quoted:

The mount is torqued properly with Rocksett , as I took it to my gunsmith. But, we didnt put the flash hider on, as it seemed loose when we did time it. It cant be turned anymore with wrench and be properly timed.
Maybe I should put two crush washers in there.
View Quote
Why do you need to time a flash hider?

How do you define loose?  Can you twist it by hand?

Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:58:14 PM EDT
Quoted:

Why do you need to time a flash hider?

How do you define loose?  Can you twist it by hand?

Mark
View Quote
Why do I need to time a flash hider. Well, If I am not using the suppressor and am on the ground using a Bipod, the flat needs to be parallel to the ground to avoid dust etc from the blast out of the rifle.
And once timed, I can physically use my hand and tighten it. But, a wrench will not tighten it, as crush washer is crushed,  enough to get it timed with a flat on the bottom.
Hope I am explaining it enough.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:43:52 AM EDT
Here is the crush washer, used, next to a penny. The instructions etc. I believe the flash hider may be bottoming out(maybe), as I took crush washer out and tightened it, and it goes to same spot and has a little gap as if you can tighten it more.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/rivary0006/Crush%20washer.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/rivary0006/IMG_0277.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/rivary0006/Flash%20Hider.jpg
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:29:49 AM EDT
Gunsmith has done a few of these. One he hard timed the brake with a standard AR crush washer, then put the flash on to time it. So, we did measurements, and the flash hider was bottoming out on the inside shoulder. Barely. So, we put a flat thin copper washer, and a new crush washer, and a little Rocksett, and torqued it to 20ft/lbs and timed. So, that is my solution for the time being. Hopefully it will work
Top Top