Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 121
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 300Blackout_Drunk:

Awesome! I'm really stoked that you're offering this, I was kind of disappointed in the first mount and was looking for something stronger. Which version do you recommend if you're never planning on running duals?
View Quote

the MK1C is good for single
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:06:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TugHillDrifter] [#2]
My rebate showed up this a.m.  All online. All worked o.k.
thd
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
just a heads up, Tomorrow 10% off, https://www.etsy.com/shop/kiloohm?coupon=POWMIATHANKYOUVETS

and there is always a Team Member discount here for code
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gaspain:
just a heads up, Tomorrow 10% off, https://www.etsy.com/shop/kiloohm?coupon=POWMIATHANKYOUVETS

and there is always a Team Member discount here for code
View Quote

LOL, I just ordered full price. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

LOL, I just ordered full price. Oh well.
View Quote

send me a message in etsy, will refund you
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:15:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#7]
Originally Posted By TimJ:
@laxman09 got my email at 9:06 m EST this morning. Trying (fruitlessly) to download the info now....it's an egift card and it's just loading and loading and loading......
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, Ill check my email when I get out of work!

Got the email and rebate successfully downloaded
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I guess I'm all in on a helmet setup.

Rhino 2 mount
PVS-15 adapter
MK1C mount from kiloohm
USB cable
Power bank
Mohawk
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Rhino 2 mount
PVS-15 adapter
MK1C mount from kiloohm
USB cable
Power bank
Mohawk
View Quote

Congrats - report back!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Rhino 2 mount
PVS-15 adapter
MK1C mount from kiloohm
USB cable
Power bank
Mohawk
View Quote

Same, still waiting on my helmets
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#11]

send me a message in etsy, will refund you
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Notice to previous buyers of kilooohm SiOnyx bridges, we have updates! As of now
While this is a little weird, we want to give back to the community and want you to have the best, you are the 3rd arm of this company! We do NOT expect you to buy a full price bridge just for these updates, but it takes actual matter (physical stuff) to make, not like software, so not free but discounted. If you ordered before Nov2 you are up to date and will ship soon.

1: The kiloohm MK2 bridge  It is now evolved to MK2B, which now allows 2 points to mount the dovetail. This gets you 1" more movement towards the eye, helps using a Wilcox L4 G24 arm or if your helmet is weird. And added points to tie USB cables.
2: The kiloohm MK1C bridge now has a cutout on the left side to accommodate the Wilcox L4 G24. Note eye is still not as close as the MK2B gets due to physical limitations.
3: The 1st gen kiloohm MK1, can get the update to MK1C or MK2B. Move your setup to stronger and stiffer carbon fiber polycarbonate, with free shoe.

You do NOT need this update if: you use a Norotos RHNO II arm(common) or CADEX arm(rare)

If you want the updated bridge:
Step 1: Buy new bridge at full price, with a note stating you want to Trade In
Step 2: I will provide return label.
Step 3: I ship new bridge to you.
Step 4: You get new bridge, You send old one back in the small box with return label I sent.
Step 5: I get old bridge back, and refund you 50% off new bridge minus $5 return shipping.
Offer good till Jan 6, 2021. This may take a few weeks to ship, please do not ask when...It will when it is ready 1-2 weeks. USA only.

New MK2B
New MK1C
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/25567/update_jpg-1674023.JPG

View Quote

I have the original MK1 and I’d like to trade it in on a new MK1C but I have a few questions. I dropped mine and the little anti rotation pin broke off, I’m assuming that doesn’t matter because you aren’t reselling them. Also do get I keep my Wilcox shoe? Finally are trade-ins eligible for the 10% off deal you are running?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there an Amazon quick list up for getting a budget helmet rig? My patience for direct China orders is low.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PA-Digital:

I have the original MK1 and I’d like to trade it in on a new MK1C but I have a few questions. I dropped mine and the little anti rotation pin broke off, I’m assuming that doesn’t matter because you aren’t reselling them. Also do get I keep my Wilcox shoe? Finally are trade-ins eligible for the 10% off deal you are running?

Thanks
View Quote

Yea keep your shoe. If it's broken, that's fine. Trade in's 10% Veterans day sale, sure.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Forgetfull:
Is there an Amazon quick list up for getting a budget helmet rig? My patience for direct China orders is low.
View Quote

get all the stuff in the video description https://youtu.be/y8UoS6hbjbE
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Rhino 2 mount
PVS-15 adapter
MK1C mount from kiloohm
USB cable
Power bank
Mohawk
View Quote

Got links to the USB, powerbank and mohawk you got? I got in on the 399 price offered
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:

Got links to the USB, powerbank and mohawk you got? I got in on the 399 price offered
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#18]
suggestions for external battery pack setup for dual siyonix?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Anker 20000 or 15000
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#20]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Rhino 2 mount
PVS-15 adapter
MK1C mount from kiloohm
USB cable
Power bank
Mohawk

All off of Amazon:

Airsoft mohawk, there are several different brands, who knows if I got a good one
Anker 13000- it fit the internal dimensions of the battery pouch on the mohawk
2pk of 2ft USB to USB micro cables, although the Anker came with a two foot cable, so I may not end up using them

When everything comes in I'll post up weights
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Perfect thx
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Anker 20000 or 15000
View Quote

Ok I have the anger 15000. I can just plug in both sionyx to the one batt pack?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By patchouli:

View Quote

both
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Yes. And after you turn on the Aurora/s, reach back and 'Press And Hold' the Anker Button, for 3 seconds. This ensures that your onboard batteries are topped off constantly, during use. Just quickly pressing it is probably fine too, but 3 Seconds puts it into low power mode, that will definitely work, if the Auroras don't draw a "normal" amount - it's just extra insurance.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Updates:

Weights:
Aurora- 9.9oz
gaspain/kiloohm Mk1C mount- unknown (enroute)
Notoros modified Rhino II with PVS-15 shoe- 6.0oz
Powerbank and USB cable- 8.7oz
Mohawk- 1.7oz

Notes on modding a Rhino II: there's a good YT video on modding the mount, followed the directions (putting the end of a paper clip in the hollow of the pin to keep it from collapsing is clever) but I wasn't able to pull the pin out with my pliers, kept slipping. I had decided to do the rear stop pin in case I mucked it up, which I did. Couldn't drill it out either- guess my bit wasn't hard enough. So I ended up grinding the pin down until I could slide the horn mount over it. Putting the PVS-15 shoe on was a bear, but I guess that's a good thing. I can always go back and drill the pin out in the future or add a dab of JB weld to build the stop back up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Aurora Sport is back down to $399.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Got duals mounted now. Not sure i like it.

Heavy and doesnt seem to add much. With one, you can use your off eye for stuff. Havent tried walking around much.

One sionyx is upside down. U can flip the image but the data text is still upside down.  

Another thing unrelated to duals is the use of red dot and ir illuminator on helmet is not useful. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
See vid:

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#28]
indoors, point the light up to the ceiling

and a counterweight is necessary, I use an Anker 15,000 mAh battery for that
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

That does help, but it's still somewhat front heavy. Nothing that tightening the chin strap won't care of, though. Gotta have a good helmet retention system for this stuff, balanced helmet or not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

That does help, but it's still somewhat front heavy. Nothing that tightening the chin strap won't care of, though. Gotta have a good helmet retention system for this stuff, balanced helmet or not.
View Quote
I run a 10K anker and a 1/4" think chunk of copper I have roughly the size of the battery bank. its about right for duals.

as for IR and the red dot, you need to have the IR on the pistol to not white out the dot. but realistically its all about IR lasers. passive aiming is for the birds.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:09:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#31]
Got duals mounted now. Not sure i like it.

Heavy and doesnt seem to add much. With one, you can use your off eye for stuff. Havent tried walking around much.

One sionyx is upside down. U can flip the image but the data text is still upside down.  

Another thing unrelated to duals is the use of red dot and ir illuminator on helmet is not useful.

View Quote

Each Aurora is 227g vs a PVS-14 at 316g - so the weight is, what it is, and you'd have the same'ish (purpose built binos are lighter than bridged 14's) with anything else. You need counterweight, and for me, just the Anker 15K doesn't cut it. My ballistic helmet needs about 25 147gr 9mm rounds, and my bump needs about 20 220gr .300BLK rounds. I use the articulating Wilcox (SOTAC) bridge. Balance the helmet on your finger, and add weight to the back until it sits level. Then you can start removing some, and compensate with your harness - you'll get to a point where you run out of adjustment on your mount - add a little back, and you should be good.

To each their own, but Binos give you depth perception - everything *should* be easier. You look around, and under (tilt your head up) the NODs, if you want to use your natural vision.

Both my Auroras are upside down, and everything looks fine - did you use the menu system to invert the screen?

Helmet mounted IR isn't really for weapon use - get a dedicated weapon mounted device - the TLR-VIR II is a pretty good bang for buck unit.

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

View Quote

Helmet mounted Ear-Pro helps too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:36:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#33]
disregard.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there a reason they can't make them without the video recording/memory card portion? Just make it a digital NV monocular and goggle, it would be smaller and lighter.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JohnAdamsIII:
Is there a reason they can't make them without the video recording/memory card portion? Just make it a digital NV monocular and goggle, it would be smaller and lighter.
View Quote

Maybe to get around ITAR?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Maybe to get around ITAR?
View Quote

I'm asking because I'm new to the night vision stuff, I think it would sell well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#37]

I'm asking because I'm new to the night vision stuff, I think it would sell well.
View Quote

I agree. I was making a guess.

I would prefer just a bino/mono setup myself.

NV googles and mono's would probably fall under ITAR restrictions. Where a video camera would not.

Looking at it from a marketing perspective, being an ITAR device would cut down on sales avenues.

Not an expert, just making an assumption.

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

According to the HMFIC at Sionyx they have - it's NDA under the DoD Contract. The device is just about to turn 1 year old if my math is right, and they are already on Gen 2 - be patient for God's sake I just got back from the OHNVG Shoot in Garrettesville, OH with the Pro Binos - 0% Moon, 100% Clouds - zero problems - I have 20 witnesses
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes, I agree with the above post.
For a while I think they have been working on gen 2. They know once gen2 will be released nobody wants gen 1 cameras so they don't want to get stuck with a lot of inventory... or be forced to sell it at a deep discount which will erode the sales from gen 2.
My guess is they tried to get rid of the gen 1 inventory for the past 4 months or so.
It is still a small company and every penny counts.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#40]
Somewhere in this thread there is a video of the Sionyx president at a trade show (SHOT maybe?) talking about the possibility of dual video pathways in future models- one path directly to eyes with no delay and the other to the recorder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Somewhere in this thread there is a video of the Sionyx president at a trade show (SHOT maybe?) talking about the possibility of dual video pathways in future models- one path directly to eyes with no delay and the other to the recorder.
View All Quotes

"Dan" was probably:

Dan C. Cui - SENIOR MARKETING & SALES CONSULTANT

Like I said before when that link was posted, having worked LE/Mil trade shows, the sales guys don't really know the tech. What he said doesn't really make sense - everything has to run through the CMOS sensor (Night Mode just moves the IR filter out of the way) - that's where the "3 times faster than an eye blink", 30ms delay comes in. Maybe the recording ability does something negative, but when you aren't recording, no data is being laid down to disk - and there's no detectable difference with one camera recording, and the other not?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By dixy2k:
Yes, I agree with the above post.
For a while I think they have been working on gen 2. They know once gen2 will be released nobody wants gen 1 cameras so they don't want to get stuck with a lot of inventory... or be forced to sell it at a deep discount which will erode the sales from gen 2.
My guess is they tried to get rid of the gen 1 inventory for the past 4 months or so.
It is still a small company and every penny counts.
View Quote

The Pro is Gen 2.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

"Dan" was probably:

Like I said before when that link was posted, having worked LE/Mil trade shows, the sales guys don't really know the tech. What he said doesn't really make sense - everything has to run through the CMOS sensor (Night Mode just moves the IR filter out of the way) - that's where the "3 times faster than an eye blink", 30ms delay comes in. Maybe the recording ability does something negative, but when you aren't recording, no data is being laid down to disk - and there's no detectable difference with one camera recording, and the other not?
View Quote

Night mode also opens the apature up all the way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Make them powered by a remote battery while you're at it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barnbwt] [#45]

NV googles and mono's would probably fall under ITAR restrictions. Where a video camera would not.

Looking at it from a marketing perspective, being an ITAR device would cut down on sales avenues.

View All Quotes

They just need to start making them stateside.  Plenty of old chip plants capable of making the sensor, even.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
I'm willing to bet with all the electronics and sensors in the box adding recording takes up no discernable space. and probably adds like 1.10 to the manufacturing cost.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anybody used this mount?

LIVIQILY Tactical Hunting L4G24 CNC Mount Aluminum Frame Helmet Accessories Mount Arm for PVS 15/18

It has good reviews on Amazon for what that is worth.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By markmars:
Has anybody used this mount?

LIVIQILY Tactical Hunting L4G24 CNC Mount Aluminum Frame Helmet Accessories Mount Arm for PVS 15/18

It has good reviews on Amazon for what that is worth.
View Quote

I have one from a different seller, it is GTG. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=RUICHI7
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:41:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Usernames] [#49]

View Quote

Update
Thanks for tip on light
Interestingly it works while it's in my front pocket too.

Weight: I already had the battery pack in when i noted the weight of duals.

Added 2 big fishing lead lures and a 18650 and it felt "right ." seems odd. A Lot of Weight. Oh well.

sionyxillumpointeddownandbehindwithpistolreddot

sionyxar15pistolholosunreddotirilluminpantspocket

Yes I need training. I dont feel comfortable at all yet .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Update
Thanks for tip on light
Interestingly it works while it's in my front pocket too.

Weight: I already had the battery pack in when i noted the weight of duals.

Added 2 big fishing lead lures and a 18650 and it felt "right ." seems odd. A Lot of Weight. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScR-KnDcwOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvSfHXVyzRg

Yes I need training. I dont feel comfortable at all yet .

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/25665/20201119_201713_jpg-1692568.JPG

View Quote

I was messing around with a round IR led ring from a security camera. I had it hooked
up to a 9 volt and had it in my pocket and forgot about it. I went out after dark with
my Aurora and noticed how well lit up my back yard was. Then I remembered that I had
that light in my pocket. It was amazing how well that light shined through my pocket.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top