Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/30/2001 4:53:38 PM EDT
Anyone know if these are any good for inexpensive protection? Silencio Magnums

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:59:24 PM EDT
I have a pair of the magnums, which I bought for blocking out urban noise while studying ;) rather than shooting. For shooting, the Peltor version (Peltor dB reduction was 29 or 31 I think)seems to deaden the sound more. Midway used to have the Peltors on sale frequently.

But I haven't gotten off my ass and replaced the Silencios, so I guess I must be satisfied with them.

If you really want to be careful, it'd probably be smart to wear some kind of earplugs under the muffs. I kind of like the extra protection because muzzle brakes and hi-velocity combos bark a little.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:29:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ustulina:
I have a pair of the magnums, which I bought for blocking out urban noise while studying ;) rather than shooting. For shooting, the Peltor version (Peltor dB reduction was 29 or 31 I think)seems to deaden the sound more. Midway used to have the Peltors on sale frequently.

But I haven't gotten off my ass and replaced the Silencios, so I guess I must be satisfied with them.

If you really want to be careful, it'd probably be smart to wear some kind of earplugs under the muffs. I kind of like the extra protection because muzzle brakes and hi-velocity combos bark a little.

Funny thing, I use the magnums too, have been for about eight years, just too lazy to replace em I guess, and just the other day I picked up some Peltors a shooter left, and tried them out. Big difference I thought. I may even break down and buy a set.
Top Top