Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 4:53:38 PM EDT
Anyone know if these are any good for inexpensive protection?  Silencio Magnums

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pair of the magnums, which I bought for blocking out urban noise while studying ;) rather than shooting.  For shooting, the Peltor version (Peltor dB reduction was 29 or 31 I think)seems to deaden the sound more. Midway used to have the Peltors on sale frequently.  

But I haven't gotten off my ass and replaced the Silencios, so I guess I must be satisfied with them.  

If you really want to be careful, it'd probably be smart to wear some kind of earplugs under the muffs.  I kind of like the extra protection because muzzle brakes and hi-velocity combos bark a little.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a pair of the magnums, which I bought for blocking out urban noise while studying ;) rather than shooting.  For shooting, the Peltor version (Peltor dB reduction was 29 or 31 I think)seems to deaden the sound more. Midway used to have the Peltors on sale frequently.  

But I haven't gotten off my ass and replaced the Silencios, so I guess I must be satisfied with them.  

If you really want to be careful, it'd probably be smart to wear some kind of earplugs under the muffs.  I kind of like the extra protection because muzzle brakes and hi-velocity combos bark a little.  

Funny thing, I use the magnums too, have been for about eight years, just too lazy to replace em I guess, and just the other day I picked up some Peltors a shooter left, and tried them out. Big difference I thought. I may even break down and buy a set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top