Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 1:24:52 PM EDT
I am looking for a silencer for my AR's and was wondering which route to go? I have a friend that has a silencer for each gun that he is wanting to sell but i have no idea what they are worth and wanted to ask you guys here what kinda price range these things are in. The one for the AR-10 is a surefire silencer, and the other one is some off brand I think im not sure exactly what it is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just get the 7.62 and use it for both?

...and as far as being used......how used?
round count, visible wear, etc...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I can use the 7.62 silencer on a 5.56 rifle? hows tht work exactly? I am not sure exactly on the  round count but I believe it is pretty low from what he is telling me. As far as visible ware it seems pretty good cosmetically.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can use the 7.62 silencer on a 5.56 rifle? hows tht work exactly? I am not sure exactly on the  round count but I believe it is pretty low from what he is telling me. As far as visible ware it seems pretty good cosmetically.

The 762 can will allow a little more gas to escape than the 556 would but the decibel differences aren't that bad.
I.E. it would be just slightly louder but if you are trying to save a little cash, just get the one and use it for both.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
any idea on a fair price for it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
He is wanting to trade them both for my benelli nova....good trade?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He is wanting to trade them both for my benelli nova....good trade?

Let me get this straight.....

He wants to trade 2 suppressors for a used shotgun that is approx $500 new?
Hell I'd jump on that deal!  
Is he paying any of the transfer fees?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
im not sure if he is paying the transfer fees or not but i doubt it. and yes he is wanting to trade them even
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as the silencers are legal and you can do the form 4's in state I say it is a go.  I would ask to see if they still work or at least make sure the threads and baffles are still there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
how much do you think that surefire can is worth? Just a ball park figure if the round count is low and everything in it is good and looks clean cosmetically.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
how much do you think that surefire can is worth? Just a ball park figure if the round count is low and everything in it is good and looks clean cosmetically.

we're going to have to see pictures. You could look up the prices on the internet for the exact models.

Something seems off about the whole deal - why on Earth would someone trade a good-condition silencer for a shotgun? You know it's going to cost you at least $200 and six months of waiting before you can legally own the silencer(s), right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just paid 1200 new.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I am not really worried about the deal being bad cause this guy is someone I would consider my brother even tho he really isnt. and I have my FFL I just need to get my class 3 license to be able to sell these so I am familar with all the paper work involved with something like this. But I have all the contacts to make this things go fairly smoothly I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top